[1 Dismissal] New Hydroponics lacks a good pasture

Nanako

hydroponics on the exodus was about 60% open space, a nice grassy garden that was public. I liked this personally, because it acted as a good place for diona to frolic around, for animals to graze, for beehives to be place, and for freegrowing things (like Kois) to grow on the grass.

The new hydroponics area next to the bar feels tiny. Although there's more growing trays, there's much less grass.. And the pasture, such as it is, is tucked away in the back. it's not a great place for dairy cows or egglaying chickens.

I think that room should be remodelled a little, to have the pasture larger, and closer to the hallway like it was on exodus, and the trays farther back

I like this idea.

Honestly, that seems to be a problem with a lot of departments on the Aurora II, no offense of course.

Things like the armoury and sec as a whole got bigger, and that's good, but places like virology seem a lot more closed in and cramped with less table space.

The way I see it the hydroponics occupation is meant for industrial-level output of produce, hence the focus on trays over grass. I've even considered removing the pasture entirely and replacing it with auto-milking machines and egg-layers. The pasture for public access is where you go to braid flowers in your hair and frolic with the dionaea.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Fluffy locked this topic