Food is important irl, why not ICly?

Dalekfodder

Subject says it all but I'll expand it a little...

Why don't we make hunger harmful?

Add a 4th stage where you starve to death maybe? I was also thinking of a digestion system where err you need to dump dat trash in toilet, this would give some of them items a usage, a bit more realistic stuff and all.

I would like to hear everyone's opinion, suggestions to improve it if it ever gets accepted.

I just wish people would roleplay hunger more. Whenever I play, I usually make an effort to go grab a bite from the kitchen at some point, if only for the sake of encouraging the chef. It's something that doesn't take much time, helps for your /own/ immersion, and shouldn't only be done because you want to grab food with your best science buddy in the odd round.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I do wish that starving had more penalties.

Maybe something as simple as a red "You feel your stomach rumbling!" message, like with with pain. It'd be annoying enough to prompt more eating, without causing any big IC or gameplay changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe something as simple as a red "You feel your stomach rumbling!" message, like with with pain. It'd be annoying enough to prompt more eating, without causing any big IC or gameplay changes.

I would support something like this. I think this change could improve the role play.

I would support something like this. I think this change could improve the role play.

This and this.

Hunger should be something that isn't critical, just annoying.

I mean, hunger IRL isn't too different, you eat a sandwich when your stomach rumbles and all that.

I'm not sure if any of you have gone a day without eating, but you really don't get any sort of pain from not eating in a day, let alone a few hours. Your body stores energy so you can go a day or few without eating. It's lack of sleep that affects you in a short amount of time.

I'm not sure if any of you have gone a day without eating, but you really don't get any sort of pain from not eating in a day, let alone a few hours. Your body stores energy so you can go a day or few without eating. It's lack of sleep that affects you in a short amount of time.

You must be set up differently to me, I get painfully hungry from eating breakfast at 6am to getting to college at 8am. And I have a big breakfast.

You must be set up differently to me, I get painfully hungry from eating breakfast at 6am to getting to college at 8am. And I have a big breakfast.

Not sure, probably. I generally don't eat a lot and only eat very little meals.

But back on topic. I don't really think a few hours of not eating is going to affect you all that much.