Antag Ban Request for player ClearThoughts

BYOND Key: JKJudgex

Accused Players Byond Key: ClearThoughts

Time of Act: 12:20 AM EST or so.

Reason for Ban: Really bad RP of Raider with fatal consequences for other Raider and some crew.

Evidence:

I don't have logs, sorry about that, but I did adminhelp. Sheveningen said he was looking into it for other reasons, but, never got back with me (it was towards round end).

ClearThoughts' character was "Riki" (Rikitikitiki something like that, Vox)

Background:

Mercs and Raiders - we're Raiders

Raiders find Merc ship, decide to infiltrate from above despite dangers of falling, believe that they can survive the fall and heal up.

Raiders break in from above and are injured in fall, and move to medbay on Merc ship.

Riki is least hurt because vox, so, spends majority of round healing injuries.

I (Salty Jackson) am heavily wounded and cannot stay awake for very long, in crit, once in the medbay of merc ship.

Riki attempts to fix everyone, I apparently am beyond meaningful repair, but stay in and out of consciousness, asking about my condition when I wake up to no response.

The event:

Finally, the emergency shuttle is called and on its way.

Riki drags me out of the medbay, and puts a tank transfer bomb in my duffel, saying "Riki fix".

I ask him what he is doing and why. Am told nothing but "Riki fix".

I am thrown onto the station at departures with the duffel bag, and, a few moments later, inexplicably detonated, despite my asking not to be taken off of the merc ship multiple times.

Aftermath:

I was pretty confused by this, obviously, so, I asked around in deadchat for clues, and got none, and then tried to ask in OOC in the next round if Riki had a reason to do this. I was told I had 3 guesses, and guessed that he was frustrated that I was hurt. I ask him to elaborate, and he refuses, so, we take the discussion to discord.

I ask him in discord why I would ever want to play antag with him again after something like that, and am really looking for a reasonable explanation here because I hate making posts like this and am trying to see if it was just for the lulz or what.

I am told that this is how Vox are, that they get frustrated sometimes and kill fellow raiders.

Why I'm requesting an antag ban:

At least for a while to send the message that it's not okay for Raiders to kill other raiders without really, really good justification. My character was fine to lay there for a while longer and past round end, and survive this whole fiasco by flying away in the merc ship and finding real medical help elsewhere or a cryo tube somewhere else out in space or whatever.

My character had said nothing to offend his character, and taken no incredibly foolish actions. In the Discord chat, I was told that he was going to do the same to anyone, I just happened to be the one laying there. He said "Read earlier: It's not about You in particular. I was angry. If it wasn't you, it was Snake. If it wasn't Snake, it was Dutch. If it wasn't Dutch, I'd probably bomb myself." I take it that Raiders are a small crew of criminals coming to steal things or accomplish some task together, and this action was basically killing one of his compatriots who could have easily otherwise survived albeit in an injured state. I just can't see a good story where one of the characters does this out of general frustration. If we had beef among our Raider crew or I had done something really bad he didn't approve of, or any other set of justifications for this action, I'm 100% okay with well-RP-ed antag on antag action. This was nowhere near that. My attempts to reason with him regarding his actions were largely ignored as he mechanically moved to detonate me.

The other big problem I have with this action is I've been noted for bombing near departures (even banned a long while back) and the like, and when I had done it, I had legitimate beef with the crew. In this case, Riki had no beef with the crew whatsoever, as we had not interacted with them at all. His bomb vented the area near departures and I'm pretty sure resulted in at least 1 or 2 more rather griefy deaths.

And here's the part that sealed the deal for me requesting this ban: He had also said....

"Whether it was gun, bomb, or knife, there was someone who was going to die for the sins of the round. Playing a Vox, I wanted to roleplay, I wanted to merch, I wanted to raid

But because of RNG that was taken away from me"

I consider this highly meta, and honestly, don't want to play Merc or Raider with this player again until he's had time to think about what he did here, and I think the best way for that message to be delivered would be via a temporary antagonist ban. He admitted to me that he did this because he was mad at the round itself, so for some reason, I and whoever else died in that explosion had to pay for it. At departures.

Overall, 0/10 RP IMO, no apology or understanding of why this isn't a great way to play SS13 on an HRP server, and honestly a pretty bad OOC attitude about the whole ordeal despite my approaching it very diplomatically looking for answers.

To ClearThoughts, please don't take this personally, we've played here together a long time, man. I am not holding any kind of grudge, I just want to see something done to communicate that this kind of play is out of bounds. I look forward to future rounds with you in different capacities. Much love, brother.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hi, Clear here, I played Rikitikitiki the Vox Raider.

Normal raid mission, go in, steal vault, come back to ship, beers all around.

Dutch, a member of the raid team and self proclaimed leader begins making these (Fairly badass) scaffold walkways for us to maneuver around the various pitfalls of the station's asteroid layers, and suddenly we see mercs below us. Standing on some sort of sandstone-looking tiles, we realize that we were atop the merc ship. . And they just left. For some reason, two tiles of the merc ship are actually open to the upper layer, meaning one could very well jump down and receive the MASSIVE fall damage for an 8-10ft fall that our code currently has for dropping a z-level. Dutch and co. begin talking about what to do, because we sure as hell dont have a ladder, a hoist, or otherwise, and meaning if we jumped down and all got injured to death, there would be no reprise. So! I figure as the only vox and with a very high brute resist, "Riki go! Riki jump!", I walk over to the hole, expecting the crew to say "Riki, WAIT", which, not to any surprise, they say "Riki, no. Don't jump." Riki replies simply, "Okidoke." And I wait, magic-stick and spear launcher in hand. Dutch walks over, and aggro-grabs me, throwing me down the hole anyway. Hurray. . .Now i'm inside the ship, located where that little interrogation room is, inside the glass pillar. I break it open, step out with minor injury and say "Riki inside! Riki gonna fly ship!" I lock down the outer airlock (Much to the mercs disdain), and I come back to see my compatriots on the floor, all with broken bones and internal bleeding. . . .Great. Now I have to play Vox Surgeon. They start moaning and complaining that this was a bad idea, but overall glad that they just took the merc's ship from out underneath them. Riki goes to work, taking the worst shape members of the team and grabbing them to the surgery, fixing them one by one. The rest of the crew decided to walk over, which ruined their bones even further past the point of no return (55+brute to upper body fracture. Irreparable without advanced medicine, to which I did not have on hand in the merc ship.)

After roughly an hour and a half of pure surgeries trying to at least rectify their internal bleeding and multiple attempts to fix their bones, I came to the conclusion that their fractures could not be solved. Nothing I had could fix them. Schev afterwards reminded me to put "a trauma kit to their chest, peridaxon, or sleeper medication" Which, I had, but lacked the advanced medication and the sleeper didnt put out anything useful that would fix them. I was frustrated that we got Zero interaction with anyone other than ourselves. Sure, it was funny as hell listening to all of the raiders beg a VOX of all things to fix them, but after just. . So many surgeries, I got frustrated. This wasn't the round I felt I had in mind, and so I made another attempt at fixing Salty Jackson (JKJudgex), performing the standardized bone-repair surgery. Bone kept fracturing at the end step, so there wasn't any repairing him. Yes, he was on a surgical table, Yes, I used surgical implements. He had 58 brute to his upper body, and therefore could not be resolved, just as Snake (Ckey unavailable) and Dutch (Ckey unavailable) were. Jimmy, I believe it was, was fine and grabbed a wizard spacesuit and an assault rifle and said "Im gonna go fuck people up" and moved the ship to the station. It was around this time I went "Yknow what, Riki's gonna make fireworks." So I grabbed the half-conscious, collapsed body of Salty Jackson, placed the standard merc-bomb in his bag with a 28 second timer, and threw him into the yellow (left) dock of departures, roundabouts halfway in. I locked the ship hull doors, and roundabouts 30 seconds later the bomb goes off, and some vaurca started going "UHHH bomb in yellow dock, explodings!" Originally, I meant to throw him into space to bomb that, but despite Riki telling Jimmy to NOT move the ship to THEIR FRONT DOOR, it was done anyway, and Riki just threw him from there. RIP Salty Jackson, ye who lived without ribs.

Schev met with me afterwards and gave me a warning, stating "We expect higher RP from those allowed to play antagonists on our station" Understandable, but at the time I was so frustrated that I did not understand what he meant by it. I felt that I had adequately roleplayed my round, and that I saw (albeit a little) little issue with what I did. I knew the bomb's radius, I knew it wouldn't breach departures wing, and I knew Salty wasn't going to be fixed. To me, it seemed like enough safeties to be a valid salad. After all, one other Raider decided to go full rambo with a C10 just five seconds earlier, for no other reason than "I wanna go fuck shit up".

What went wrong? Well, as JKJudge spoke to me, I felt that the RNG of the code took the round away from me. I may as well have just played surgeon. It felt like we were more of a self-contained round, which in hindsight I guess I was fine with, but my frustration wanted something as compensation.

I know your characters, Judge, and I respect Corvo a lot, especially that you play him with a young, slightly naive gusto. It brings life to the administration beyond "security do this, security do that. research make guns. engineering fix the engine.", and after a night of thinking of a proper response, I am sorry about what transpired. It was wrong of me to try to "compensate" anything from the round. It was a bad round, and I should have just left it as it was and waited for the next round. However, I have already received a warning from this from the staff, and I ask that the process stops there.

Respectfully submitted,

ClearThoughts

However, I have already received a warning from this from the staff, and I ask that the process stops there.

That he did, I apologize for not getting back to you on the resolution, Judge, we were prioritizing getting the round restarted and by the time it did, it didn't cross my mind to "hunt you down" as it were just to tell you how I handled the issue.

That aside,

1.) Ban requests are actually meant for griffers that we may potentially miss over the course of a round, particularly meant for deadhour. I'll still leave this up for a bit to allow for further responses/discussion to be undertaken, because I understand the intention of the post.

2.) Such an issue is better suited for a character/player complaint, however, I have no interest in pursuing further action beyond what I had already doled out and felt was necessary.

3.) With another "but", however, since that was an issue I resolved and I believe I resolved it in a way I deemed not-too-excessive, if you wish to contest the decision I made and imply I should've been harsher, that should be outlined in a staff complaint instead.

Again, sorry I didn't get back to you, it didn't occur to me to prioritize especially since it was 1-2AM and I wanted to get some sleep. I'll endeavor to improve on that aspect better.

Schev: I don't think there was really time for you to even get back with me realistically, tbh, because I waited a few minutes after the fact before even adminhelping and it was close to the end of the round so I didn't really expect you to get back with me, you do fine on your responses. I wouldn't think this was worthy of a staff complaint unless you had responded with something like "what he did was okay", which until now I didn't really know if you had or not. I had an itching feeling that not even a warning or note had been doled out over this fiasco, which was going to become a wall of text from me illustrating my wonderful note, warning, and ban collection accrued for actions way, way less openly meta/dickish/poorly RP'ed than this...

But, I guess I'm okay to drop the issue knowing that you were already warned for it, but it would have been nice to receive an apology and statement of understanding after the round last night so I wouldn't have had to come here. Hopefully the warning is enough to prevent characters like Riki from spontaneously deciding they are bored and it's time to murder their fellow crew/random station crew. I'd like for this to remain out here so that it can be referenced if I run into another "mad at the round" style excuse for murderboning me, though.

In any event, thanks for your time, and ClearThoughts, thanks for approaching this reasonably. I hate to have to call a referee over, but I would want you to do the same to me if I fouled you somehow in order to improve my gameplay as well, so, don't think I'm perma "Salty" or anything :).