Total War Titles.

Tylaaaaar

So I'm gonna start shitposting here and thought the best place to start was with fellow nerds

Anyway wondering how many people play Total war around here and whats your favorite title in the series, and why?

And of course what total war game do you dislike or fucking despise

Mine personally is Total war shogun 2 mainly just because the blood and gore is fucking perfect and plays quite well and isn't a buggy mess *COUGH* Rome II *COUGH*

And for my least favorite title is ROME II mainly because of its fucking awful launch and the buggy mess it was, even though its alrightish now that game was tragic in my opinion.

78de9e0a39.png

I'm afraid I'll be taking those Elector Counts Tylaaaar

But for real yes, Shogun 2 appears to be the fan favorite and I have to say while I love Warhammer Fantasy, Shogun 2 holds a special place in my heart, the aesthetics and general feel of the game are amazing and as TW titles go it was damn near perfect.

But for real yes, Shogun 2 appears to be the fan favorite and I have to say while I love Warhammer Fantasy, Shogun 2 holds a special place in my heart, the aesthetics and general feel of the game are amazing and as TW titles go it was damn near perfect.

I never really got into the warhammer fantasy side of total war. It looks alright and the cav charges look quite good. I don't know what it is about it that sways me away from it, I'll probably buy Warhammer II and give it a shot

You should prepare for quite a shift, Magic and General throw a giant curveball into the strategy of the game as Hammer&Anvil don't really work when a single well aimed spell can simply stop your cavalry or decimate your whole line.

But sniping generals is much harder since a single general can take on a whole unit easily and it actually forces you to be a bit more imaginative and pay a lot more attention to macro since even units in safe distance can be suddenly targeted.

Monstrous units are strong but their size makes them susceptible to ranged, some factions don't even HAVE cavalry, some don't have artillery, some have extremely weak and useless range and so on and so forth.

It certainly feels less like a single faction with different skins and actually like multiple very different factions with different types of gampeplay.

I like it but it's a big turn from the usual Total War titles and a lot of people don't like it.

024319d5c1.jpg

But the memes are great.