Jump to content

Sparta9001

Members
  • Posts

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sparta9001

  1. Reporting Personnel: Amelia Dresden Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Physician (Interim CMO at the time) Game ID: cHk-duay Personnel Involved: Larissa Massen, Security Officer (Acting HOS)- Offender Azarii Marrkarr, Executive Officer (Acting Captain) - Offender Felix Jackson, Security Officer - Victim Khed'lyssan Zhadmo, Security Officer - Victim Usul Guwan, Paramedic - Witness Renault Rosseau, CMO - Witness Secondary Witnesses: Mae Lin, Pharmacist - Heard much of the disorganization on the medical channel. Created the thermite spray bottle that was to be given to the sabotage team. Henri Mieville, Engineer (Interim CE) - Attended the command meeting and witnessed much of what was said on the command channel Z.I. Nietzschka, Warden - Assigned to the sabotage team Narasi Perlyalna'Shirani, Bridge Crew - Witnessed much of the botched operation and was able to hear what was said on the command channel. She also attended the command meeting Clark Coldsmith, Investigator - Witnessed the misconduct of the acting HOS, later informed me of a secondary secret meeting for only members of the sabotage team that the rest of command was not aware of. Time of Incident: Real Time: 5:00 PM PST Location of Incident: OS/A-622 c Nature of Incident: [X] - Workplace Hazard [X] - Accident/Injury [ ] - Destruction of Property [X] - Neglect of Duty [ ] - Harassment [ ] - Assault [X] - Misconduct [ ] - Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.) Overview of the Incident: Within minutes of the shift I was promoted as Interim CMO by the XO who would later take captainship. For the sake of brevity I will be referring to her as the Captain. I with other recently promoted members of command was called into a meeting. This meeting was framed as extremely confidential and not to be discussed with anyone not on a need to know basis. The objective was simple. Dismantle and sabotage the Einstein Facility with a small team of Horizon personnel with maximum deniability to the Chainlink as a whole. It was agreed at the meeting that the sabotage team should have medical support. I suggested Usul Guwan, she is an excellent paramedic with an impeccable track record for high pressure operations. The rest of command agreed. Steps were taken to ensure the operators of the sabotage team could not be recognized as Chainlink personnel. This included ditching GPS tags, company IDs and company patches etc. This would later prove to be unsuccessful. Usul Guwan was taken aside by myself and given a brief overview of her tasks in her assignment to the sabotage team. I later ordered Mae Lin to synthesize a bottle of thermite for demolition purposes for the sabotage team at the request of the rest of command. This was later handed off by myself to the Acting Commander Larissa Massen. At first things seemed to be running smoothly. Medical was sufficiently prepared. The Intrepid was retrofitted with additional equipment and supplies. Additional ammo and arms were ordered for security. Engineering made contact with the Heph Colony and began their work. Renault Rosseau would later enter the shift but was late to much of the details of the operation. Much of the medical personnel remained on the Intrepid barring both paramedics. Unknown to me at the time the sabotage team would break off from the rest of security without the support of a paramedic. When asked about this both the Commander and Captain said they would not need nor would they host a paramedic in the sabotage team. This decision was not at all discussed with any personnel within medical including myself and later the arriving CMO. Despite our protests, they continued to uphold this decision. No explanation was given as to why this decision was made despite what was said in the meeting beforehand about the sabotage team needing a medic. This comes down to the crux of this issue. Lack of experience in a position of command and a complete breakdown of communication on multiple levels. Several times our paramedic was ignored by both members of security and command. Despite her having been provided access to security's comms, she was ignored by both the commander and the captain on where the rest of security was. Despite my protests and repeated requests for both Security and Command to communicate with Usul Guwan so she could fulfill her duties, I was simply told word for word by Acting HOS Larissa Massen to ‘Tell her to be quiet’ via the command channel. This complete breakdown of communications preceded and contributed to the circumstances surrounding the loss of Officer Felix Jackson and Officer Khed'lyssan Zhadmo. The lack of experience showed in several aspects of how this operation was conducted. Instead of being outfitted with stealth equipment, members of the sabotage team were outfitted with loud and cumbersome hardsuits. No engineering staff was present with the Sabotage team. Several other members of the Horizon who were not aware of the true intentions of the operation were spotted by EE security personnel. Any member of command with experience would have immediately pulled the sabotage team out, due to the likelihood that EE personnel would elevate their alert status after spotting Chainlink personnel near a secure EE facility. Despite these obvious warning signs, the team was not pulled out. Later EE security personnel would spot the sabotage team and move to intercept them. I do not know if they engaged gunfire. Eventually both Felix Jackson and Khed'lyssan Zhadmo were both unresponsive on comms. EE command personnel would directly accuse the Horizon of this raid. I immediately told the Captain via the Command channel to immediately withdraw our team. This was not done until much later, by then it was already too late for both Security Officers. It was made clear that the EE personnel had either captured or killed both officers. An attempt was made to negotiate for release of them, but this would prove unsuccessful. The decision was made by the Captain to abandon both officers to EE custody. This botched operation has directly put the Heph colony in harm's way for retaliation by the EE for the actions of Horizon personnel. The damage that this will inflict on the Chainlink has yet to be revealed. This cannot be tolerated. Submitted Evidence: See below for submitted evidence, Radio logs and copies of documents. Would you like to be personally interviewed? [X] - Yes [ ] - No Did you report it to a Head of Staff or a superior? I raised my concerns several times to the acting captain but was ignored. The captain was also the offender Actions taken: A command vote to remove the acting captain was suggested but was not followed through by other members of command Additional Notes: (If none, leave blank)
  2. BYOND Key: Sparta9002 Total Ban Length: Until appealed Banning staff member's Key: Fyni Reason of Ban: Acted on the frontline as a physician, taking patients from the two paramedics also on the scene. While there were IC relationship reasons, we really need you to stay in your lane on any job - just because you IC don't trust someone is not enough, especially when there were two paramedics, and this is not the first time almost this exact thing has happened. I will take the IC reasoning into account if you choose to appeal in the future. Reason for Appeal: I'll cut straight to the chase, I was entirely wrong in this situation. I was focusing too hard on IC reasons instead of just letting the other players do their thing when I wasn't needed or wanted. I apologize for my actions and I didn't intend to intrude on another player's role in the round. I have learned to stay in my lane alot more in engineering and honestly I have alot of fun learning it. I hope I can have another chance to play medical but I understand if that ship has sailed now. Thank you.
  3. Heya, so I did notice it was said I was the one to call sec. TBH I was a bit unsure myself if I did or not cause I honestly didn't remember. So I had a look at the logs from the round and I did not see anything on common about it and I never pda messaged security about it. I'm not sure why its being said I contacted security about the issue. but this did not occur. tbh I didn't want this to be an issue where security even got involved at all. Since at the time it was a simple disagreement over allocation of medical supplies. The only issue my character had with the blood situation is that there were not enough to stock the stands at round start from the blood locker in the GTR. But there really isn't an issue with paramedics carrying a bag of blood on them. infact I would say its common place to do so. I never felt the need to want to press charges or even call security in the first place. I do believe a miscommunication occurred later with the blood being returned in a different spot than expected IE the OR blood lockers. I'm not sure if the blood being returned later in the round was ever communicated with the rest of the department or it was communicated, it was done in a confusing fashion which did not remedy the situation. I'll be honest during the whole meeting with the captain there were several times I had to leave in the middle of it to treat people because of a series of Gremorian infestations. So alot of what was said I ended up missing out on alot of what was said. I'm not really sure why this turned into an OOC issue because I don't believe anyone involved had any hard feelings about it towards Adzi's player in any shape or form. As what was said, the whole situation was in no way to promote any kind of meta way of playing medical. It was more roleplay the possibility of losing valuable equipment or having it misplaced somewhere. Which would be troublesome in any medical environment as hospitals I've worked at, strict logs are kept for storing and using equipment. With multiple people checking off validity of logs for inventory to ensure its correct.
  4. -1 Kinda oversteps as XO and tries to command other departments over very minor things.
  5. BYOND Key: Sparta9002 Total Ban Length: until appealed Banning staff member's Key: A_Big_Bear Reason of Ban: Overstepping as a physician Reason for appeal: I’ll keep this short, while it definitely has been longer than I initially anticipated I feel like I have gotten alot better. Plus I’ve had alot of fun playing all the different roles in security. Its definitely helped me resolve some of the previous issues which lead to the ban in the first place. Ie communication and overstepping. Especially as investigations which more often and not has you take a more passive seat in most of the conflict. Which is definitely a nice change of pace from medical’s constant pressure. I feel like I’m ready to play medical again and be apart of that community again.
  6. BYOND Key: Sparta9002 Total Ban Length: until appealed Banning staff member's Key: A_Big_Bear Reason of Ban: Overstepping as a physician Reason for Appeal: These past six months have changed me alot as a person and I had alot of time to think about things. I've looked at all my shortcomings and tried out alot of new roles like machnist and engineering. which are both really fun to learn and play. Plus I think they have been good to slow me down a bit. Honestly I think one of the main causes of this ongoing issue of me superdocing was that I sometimes would get tunnel vision and get hyperfocused on one task instead of taking a second to see what's going on around me. This hindered my ability to work as a team with other players in medical which I can only hope to be given the chance to correct this in the future. Learning some of these new roles have helped me slow down and just let the round play instead of feeling the need to jump into everything by myself when there's already established roles to handle every situation in each department. I've talked with some of the friends I've made here to get a better perspective on working in a hectic department like medical. One of the key things that I could take away from all of this is how valuable communication can be in a hectic department such as medical.
  7. BYOND Key: Sparta9002 Total Ban Length: until appealed Banning staff member's Key: A_Big_Bear Reason of Ban: Overstepping as a physician Reason for Appeal: After taking some time to look over the logs and talking to certain people as well as taking some time to reflect on my actions. It become very clear to me I was wrong. I greatly misjudged the entire situation and acted where I did not even need to in the first place. Mainly I believed the patient in question was more serious than they actually were, which was entirely a fault of my own. I overstepped and did not communicate what was needed to the other players who were handling the case at the time and didn't need my input at all and for that I apologize. I don't seek to take away anyone's RP or ability to learn the mechanics of medical. Going forward I must communicate more and stay within the lanes that are set for a physician to act as which is the GTR. This isn't the first time I've overstepped and gone beyond what I should do as a physician, I won't make any excuses for any of what was mentioned. It was wrong of me and I will do better in the future to add onto other's RP rather than take away anyone else's RP.
  8. Hi, since my character was mentioned I'll add my piece in. One of the things I love about playing med is teaching new players how to enjoy it as well. However with Pettersen's case I don't think I've ever seen such an demeaning and antagonistic intern before. His overall demeanor and comments have definitely ruined several med players enjoyment of the round and even taken away from antag's gimmicks for the round because we're too busy wrangling the intern. I have spoken to other med players about the issue with the intern and one of them admitted that seeing Pettersen on the manifest means they do not play. I can say myself having dealt with many of his outbursts that I have apprehension about wanting to play a round when Pettersen is on the manifest and I personally feel that his overall personality is a detriment to many other's enjoyment of the round. I can bring one time that definitely showed his complete lack of any empathy in a profession that would require some. During a ling round when Amelia was setting up the suits in EVA, a security officer who turned out to be a ling followed her and stung her. After Amelia felt what she assumed to be a needle she quickly fled with the officer on her heels with his disruptor out. Once she had gone up to the stairs to the infront of medical her attacker gave up the chase and retreated. Obviously Amelia was shaken up by what happened and still had adrenaline running her system as she was running a blood test on herself to attempt to figure out what was injected her. Of course everyone besides the intern was worried about her and trying to figure out what had happened to shake her up like this. As soon as Amelia entered medical Pettersen proceeded to mock and belittle her and once she had explained what happened to her. He said she was "being a drama queen" and didn't act like it was a big deal to be drugged and chased down by someone with a disruptor intending to do harm to her. While Amelia was trying to calm down and compose herself he proceeded to make jokes about it and laugh at her. It got to the point where everyone else in medical told him to be quiet and Dale Solomon told him to have some empathy and put himself in her shoes for a minute to which he responded "why should I?" and continued to insult her. to the point where Amelia snapped at him and told him to shut up. His whole demeanor was extremely tone deaf and took away from what the antag did and how that added to the round's overall story. It became less about how there was someone who intended to attack people when they were vulnerable and was on the loose to telling the intern not to make anymore jokes about someone getting attacked. There's also been times when his actions and demeanor almost made me think he was an antag for the round with the way he was acting. There was a time where Pettersen decided it was a good idea to walk around with a boot knife. Eventually security found out and confiscated the knife and fined him for it. During the round I had assumed he had done this cause he was an antag so I didn't see any point to ahelp it. Eventually the rest of medical found out what had happened and we decided to ask why he had decided to do this. Ren Hartfort asked him why had kept the knife he found and Pettersen responded "I saw it and I wanted it". Which was odd considering he was acting like he a teenager rather than a medical intern wanting to learn to become a full doctor. Elaborating on the cane comment, so the reason Amelia had the cane was because she walked with a limp from a botched mechanical installation which made her need a cane till she got it replaced. So Pettersen was mocking the fact she had a disability and needing a cane not to fall over. And during this a merc was questioning how she definitely looked like a senior doctor because she had said cane. To which he said "finally someone said it" and begin openly laughing and mocking her once again and the fact she needed a cane at all. There has been multiple times where he has mocked people calling for medical help on common and demeaning the fact they needed medical at all to begin with. Even if this was life or death for said character which is definitely strikes me as very mean spirted both IC and OOC epically when you're supposed to be a helping hand to them when they are going through something like that IC. In conclusion I believe his overall character acts well above believability for the behavior of a medical intern to act to other doctors who are supposed to be his supervisors in his learning to be a full doctor. I think I can speak for myself when I see his behavior is completely unacceptable and should not be tolerated. Thank you for reading this and I hope improvements can be made to rectify this issue for future players.
  9. Spire always fun to have around for RP, let them be funny robot +1
  10. ATG always makes good characters that always add to any round. would for sure do well in command. +1
  11. BYOND Key: Sparta9002 Staff BYOND Key: eddymakaveli Game ID: Don't remember sorry round was around 11:00 PM PST Reason for complaint: Given a warning without being spoken to or contacted by staff. Evidence/logs/etc: Additional remarks: this stemmed from a round on 11/03/23. An ahelp was made against me, however I was never spoken to by the admin who took the ahelp or any staff. I only was made aware of the warn after trying to join a round the following day. As for the warn itself. I didn't have a chance to give my side of the story. so I suppose I will do it here. The chief previously communicated that he trusted Dresden to handle what was going on with the patient in question. The CMO who was Ethan Harris did not communicate with Amelia much more than that after that. Until he decided that Amelia was somehow working against him by not telling him the exact details of a very sensitive case. Amelia did not think the CMO was very competent and had not demonstrated any leadership or initiative epically when it came to treatment. The CMO then proceeded to suspend Amelia after not talking to the patient about what they wanted which was for it to be between them and Amelia. To sum it all up I just believe not enough communication happened between those handling the ahelp.
  12. Love playing with read and the events they ran are a blast. Maps are always really good. I agree with all the points made, I feel like organized crime in the human lore could use with some expanding especially with so many characters involved with organized crime in their backstories. I feel like read would do really good in this role.
  13. In response to BravoBohemia, I am sorry that I have been causing so many issues for you and other players with my character, Riona Kelly. I am open to learning and working on my mistakes. I genuinely did not realize the frustrations anyone had with me. If you would like to talk about any of my actions and helping me find a plan to resolve them, feel free to message me on discord. Again, I sincerely apologize, Sparta
×
×
  • Create New...