[Accepted] MelodicVoids Command Trial Application

BYOND key: MelodicVoid

Character names: Mae Aiiko, Bill Mull, Rilumim Feiire, Riluxin Xrimqu-Tup, and Kara Vecario. (I have about 20 or so characters that I switch between depending on server needs I.E Low engineering staff.)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Just under a year, Possibly more as I am just going by when I joined the Forums. it may be just over a year now.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I enjoy pretty well all positions on the station, I find it enjoyable and refreshing to be made something like Interim (Which I have been numerous times for engineering). I find that gameplay and roleplay has a entirely new aspect and feel when you are put in a command situation. You have to be very mindful and true to your character. it adds a new level of depth to the strategy of each round.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Honestly Aurora was the first game on Byond I ever joined, due to its heavy roleplay tag. I never left.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: of course, When making a command character background is highly important to the roleplay aspects

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? I have. One time in specific I released Phoron in the main hallway outside of security when I couldn’t get in contact of any admin or moderator, though I can’t recall why I did it, but I believed it to be within roleplay. That was my most serious offence and I do understand that it was a very serious offence. However, this was a long time ago, same with the rest of my warnings, to which I consider them more of a learning experience then issues. All my warning should have no affect on my account as I corrected my mistakes and never repeated any offence and they are all quite aged.  

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is and should be about: Roleplay is the act of creating a new character, different from yourself and reacting to situations accordingly. It should be about immersing yourself within a realistic character, one with flaws and limitations and building on and acting with those flaws in mind. To quote my application from April “it is the action of putting on a mask and making that mask believable.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, in game?: A Head of staff is one of the main driving forces of every round, a good head of staff is the difference between a situation being a good roleplay instead of a rapid everyone dies with little roleplay. It is of upmost importance that a head of staff manages situations realistically. Otherwise a round will end in chaos and won’t be enjoyable for both antag and normal roles

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: A Head of staff is someone who the server recognizes as a Whitelisted player, someone the server trusts and thus they set a standard of roleplay on the server. The roleplay from a head of staff reflects on new players as what is and isn't acceptable. One should strive to be an excellent example for if a new player sees the "standard" set by a head of staff they will try their best to meet that roleplay standard, thus improving roleplay of the round and server to be more enjoyable for all.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? : Tau ceti is in a fragile state, Skepticism and racism are at a high found in threats and events of groups primarily of other races. The people of Tau ceti are scared and some are filled with hatred. Bill Mull is one of the older crew members and has served NanoTrasen many years in the engineering world with no sign of slowing down. Due to his age he believes him self wiser then most and is sadden by the recent happenings and atmosphere of Tau ceti. He tends not to dwell to much on the news but rather to provide little pieces of his wisdom to crew he thinks would benefit from it. At the end of the day Bill is a simple guy who goes home to a small apartment and is mostly content with his life, he is saving up for retirement and NanoTrasen has always treated him good, and he will do what he can to treat them as well as he can.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

I will mainly be a Chief Engineer. I may dive into Head Of Personal, then possibly branch up to captain once I think I get a better understanding of HOP.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Bill Mull : Chief Engineer

Nikki Ameretto : Chief Engineer (A Younger, more emotionally attached character, for a different perspective on things then bill) ((Newly created, not used))

Kaydence Langston : Head Of Personal ((Newly created, not used))

Xuqumxuqm Zaoo'Quum : Captain (If I decided to do it) ((Newly created, not used))

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: No one is perfect, and life is a learning experience.

I would rate myself around 7-8/10 normally. There is always room for improvement

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

Completely understandable, one must be responsible for his or her actions OOC and in game as a head of staff.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

I have a few times

Extra notes: if I am to be considered let it be noted that due to my current shift work situation my play time is irregular and due to that it may be beneficial to stick me on a extended trail process compared to other individuals. I will do my best to play as much as I can if I am given the trail basis to expedite the process of acceptance.

Please provide any and all feedback, negative preferably as I can use it to better my development of future applications

Thank you for reading my application - Void

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...