Move A.I. Camera Controls to ‘Jump to Network’

Stink100

Hello I am requesting a rework of the way the cameras are accessed by the A.I. to the ‘jump to network’ menu.

They are currently under a seperate menu (that escapes me at this time).

It seems—at least from my limited noobish perspective—that accessing cameras from the ‘jump to network’ menu is more UI friendly.

Also the Locations should be more diversified but not too diversified so as to confuse. (Think paradise station camera menu. Oh, muy, Lawd).

maybe something like;

-Armory

-Atmospherics

-Bridge

-Diner

-Holodeck

-Shield Generator Compartment

-Cargo Wing

-Command Wing

-Engineering Wing

-Science Wing

-Security Wing

-Medical Wing

-Telecommunications

-Surface Level

-Main Level

-Engineering Sub-level

-Medical Sub-level (patient wing)

-Science Sub-level (xenobiology)

Edited by Stink100
Reasoning and clarification

I would assume a central area like MedBay treatment area for medical wing perhaps? Idk merely suggestion locations.

My main question is why the camera controls are not under ‘jump to network’ which is a menu that already exists on Aurora with the A.I.? Maybe I’m confused?

For example: On paradise station, yogstation and baystation (if my memory isn’t deceiving me) the A.I. camera controls are under ‘jump to network’. (Though in my opinion paradise has way to many linked cameras under this menu).

I guess I don’t understand why they aren’t. I assumed that was default but I’m no programmer.

Edited by Stink100
Clarified

Intentions: To facilitate easier access to camera controls to allow easier jumping between active cameras. 

Currently; the camera controls are in a menu and then another submenu and everytime you click on a location the menu disappears.

This resorts to scrolling around the map manually or accessing a security camera terminal which one may be booted out of should a crew member access it.

My initial impression is that perhaps the camera controls were moved to prevent metagaming by a character that is omnipresent; which I can understand in that case.

I also concede crew members can be manually tracked in another menu that still works as well but this isn’t always the intention when viewing a room.

(I apologize for not being clear. I initially derailed the topic in the beginning. Also; I agree just being like other servers isn’t a good goal. That is why I enjoy Aurora after all!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gem locked this topic