Synthetics on crew manifest

I would like to suggest adding another section to the crew manifest, entitled "Synthetics" which would hold all the borgs, cyborgs, and AIs that are officially part of the NSS Aurora installation, so you don't have to switch to the messenger on your PDA to check if there's an AI.

I can see an issue arising from this when a Traitoroboticist wants to make some sneaky, illegal cyborgs/androids/AIs, only for them to appear on the manifest. A similar issue might come from replacing the body of a cyborg/android, and then having two of the same on the manifest.

This would also make the AI unable to destroy malfunctioning cyborgs as they would be considered crew. The AI wouldn't be able to let security damage any Cyborgs, as they would be considered crew. And then a Cyborg could completely ignore a crew members orders, on the basis they were given an order from another crew member (A fellow Cyborg or AI) and must complete it first. Overall, it gives the synthetics way too much protection by use of their own laws, and also causes a danger to crew if Cyborgs go rampant and the AI cant do anything about it.

This would also make the AI unable to destroy malfunctioning cyborgs as they would be considered crew. The AI wouldn't be able to let security damage any Cyborgs, as they would be considered crew. And then a Cyborg could completely ignore a crew members orders, on the basis they were given an order from another crew member (A fellow Cyborg or AI) and must complete it first. Overall, it gives the synthetics way too much protection by use of their own laws, and also causes a danger to crew if Cyborgs go rampant and the AI cant do anything about it.

No, that isn't how it would work. They would be able to stop any rampaging cyborg or android for the same reason they are able to stop any other crew. The AI can still lock down any person who is a threat to the crew, whether that person is crew or not. And no, they wouldn't be able to refuse orders that way, remember "with priority as according to their rank and role".

The only real issue this would cause with the laws is with number two, serve (as well as making number 4 obsolete). They would then have to serve themselves, and while they would still have to prioritize other crew members, it can be considered a bad idea to require an all-powerful entity to be self-serving.

There's also the fact that they are not considered crew of the Aurora, same with, say, ERT members. I don't want to start a heated discussion about this, but you don't want to have to drag the entire AI core onto the transfer shuttle every shift, do you?

Also you seem to forget that IPCs, who are synthetic, are crew. "Bound synthetics" would be a better term to use. If I get one more malfunctioning AI call PARAGON organic...

Crew status isn't defined by who is and isn't on the manifest. It's defined by whoever is contracted to work on the NSS Aurora. Someone's crewmembership doesn't magically appear or disappear depending on the manifest.

ERT are also representatives of CentComm, and are crew, and are the highest rank. So you should be listening to them.

I like Valkrae's idea. A menu listing the documented (or whatever word that fits here) synthetics on the station. The list can be modified by say, I dunno, a terminal in the science wing, and on the bridge. New borgs are not automatically added, that way, traitor roboticists can do their thing, and maybe have a modicum of stealth.

New borgs are not automatically added, that way, traitor roboticists can do their thing, and maybe have a modicum of stealth.

One way to handle this could be new synthetics requiring, say, some sort of "tracking beacon" added to them post-construction, similar to the exosuit beacons. Could also have the beacon affect synths showing on the RD's robotics console, but, that might just be too much.