** Tips page ** TC System//Cell message

LOGIN>Firewood

PASSWORD>

ACCESS LEVEL> [REDACTED]

NET ACCESS: Granted

Welcome

Alright kiddos, we're gonna get into a rough patch if we don't pick up our act. Give tips for the newbies 'ere, and hope to god that they listen; we're gettin' a tonne more casualties than usual. A little tip from me, go for the easy ones. Go for the low-price kill targets, they're easy and'll build ya a reputation for bein' reliable. It also clears our list a bit. If ya insist on takin' targets alive, ya better have a pretty damn good plan, only way to get a ship to ya is if ya hack some messagin' device. That's if we decide to even send a ship. Anyways, good luck huntin'.
Edited by Guest

LOGIN>Shadow

PASSWORD> *************

ACCESS LEVEL>[REDACTED]

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

Turn on their airtank before leaving the airlock.

...And yes, Shadow has actually watched an operative die because they didn't do that.

...And no, she's not joking.

Alright. Time to be serious. If one is granted the opportunity to work in an operative mission, work with their damn teammates.

No one cares how snarky they are. No one gives two shits of their smug attitude. Act arrogant, jeopardize the mission. Those that try to boast, try to feed an ego - those are more often than naught, the weak links. The unexperienced. Shadow has had the...misfortune of working alongside operatives who thought they were untouchable. They had the power go to their heads...only to be put down like a sick dog.

We are dropped in enemy territory. We will have no rescue, no radios, no assistance and no backup. If we fail, we are either killed, tortured, or implanted. There is no room for failure. We have only our wits and skills to guide us.

Learn when to push forward. When to pull back. When to open fire and when to retreat. These things will only come with experience...watch the operatives that have the experience. Listen to them. If they are assigned with a mission commander, listen to the commander. Do Not. Talk. Back. We need unity to work together, to get the job done.

...And please, no matter how bored they are, don't play 'catch the energy sword'. Shadow was very tempted to let her teammate...bleed out on the floor.

LOGIN>Stein

PASSWORD> ******************

ACCESS LEVEL>[REDACTED]

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

Try not to piss your pants kiddies, Stein really is here to teach you some secrets. Ill sign autographs after.

You may be asking "Stein? You are great and usually work behind the scenes? What are you doing giving advice?" I am giving advice because if I get another team of idiot rookies wanting to make a name for themselves by killing a entire station, I'm going to go rogue and kill my entire team....again. More money if I go that route anyway.

First Tip, don't release the singularity, if another person bombs the fucking singularity, I'm going to throw them into that black hole of death as a "Science experiment. Our job is to create chaos, steal information, maybe catch a target or two, not destroy all traces of the station.

Two: If you accidentally kill a team mate I like, or one who still has a job to do. You better be able to do their job real quick, or you better be able to run because if another team member accidentally shoots someone who I still need in a mission, I'm going to blow their head off with my rifle.

Three: Try something interesting, any operative can run in and steal some lockers, can steal a pet, can murder some bounty. Everyone is out there to make a name for themselves, and if you do something no one has ever seen before, then you stand out. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm told by the people who watched the recording from my helmet and my teams helmets that the game show I hosted with the fake hostage that ended up with a attempted mutiny on the captain of that station was pretty good. Just...Do something besides shooting everyone or stealing everything if you can, it can be both fun, and make you famous in our little neck of the woods.

LOGIN >JAUNTLA

PASSWORD>************

ACCESS LEVEL>COMMS HANDLER

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

As a former special operations coordinator, I feel as though I can dispense some additional information at your disposal. Namely, tactics.

NanoTrasen Security Agencies are typically armed with a large load of disabling and stun-based standard equipment. It takes a total of three taser shots to down an average man. It takes one well-cooked flashbang to ruin an entire team. It takes one lucky security officer with a thrown baton to completely turn the amount of control in their favor.

An operative should be trained to avoid these kinds of situations, or perhaps even abuse the weaknesses of these disabling methods to completely turn it on those fucking redshirts. Given with my experience with NanoTrasen Security Officers, I've seen them take down entire teams without saying a word or blinking an eye, and then spout some cheesy one-liner like they're the leading role in a fucking action movie.

Do you know how fucking embarrassing it is, to see a group of mall cops take down a strike team of elite commandos armed with the latest hi-tech military-grade gear? The fact that most newly pumped-out operatives don't use the environment to their own advantage is appalling. Fuel tanks nearby airlocks, jumping from cover to cover to reposition for a better shot. Fuck, rookies in the Sol Alliance learn this shit from day one, yet what I see is a bunch of frontier civvies armed with energy weaponry. Where the hell is the professionalism here?

Granted, I've seen some damn good men and women and aliens as operatives. But it's the failures that stick out and give us a bad fucking name and lose us contracts. Casualties are /never/ acceptable. If you're new to this sort of thing, remember this. Play it smart, play it cool, move slowly until you learn to move quick. Strive to learn from the veterans before you start doing dumb, overtly bold shit.

I always do my best to place a lot of faith into rookies. It makes them a little more confident, even if they fail miserably. But what you new people need to realize is that you need to learn from other's failures and eliminate your weaknesses, so that you can apply your strengths to any situation.

You all have what it takes to be the best of the best. You just need to apply yourselves.

Jauntla, out.

--Transmission Terminated--

LOGIN >SYLViA

PASSWORD>************

ACCESS LEVEL>KJDHASTAAAAAA

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

Information is key. Know everything about your target. Who they are. Who they know. What they do. She has policy to never operate without information. Example: STEIN's game show. She wanted someone, so She watched and learned for some time before taking a mission to the station. She had learned many things that let her convince the station, used that to great effect, and almost got what she had come for.

If She didn't have information? She wouldn't know what to do. She would have been lost. Stuck. Probably killed trying to capture someone without knowing anything about them.

Learn and observe before you act.

LOGIN >AZMODIAS

PASSWORD>**************

ACCESS LEVEL>[REDACTED]

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

Alright, laddies. A few simple tips will go along way. Trust yer fellow Ops to be competent, but don't be fuckin' 'em, and don't let them mix yer bombs. Figure that shit out before you head out (Ever heard a little thing called the Anarchist's Cookbook? Buy one, you fucking git. I've seen too many shithead Ops that think they're the top dollar best end of the market decide they don't like one of their fellow team-mates, and decide that maybe they'd rather just fucking kill him instead of getting paid (Killing yer own fucking team-mate is a good way to shit all over your paycheck and reliability status). Handin' them the detonator to the bomb in yer backpack is pretty much signin' a death sentence.

Second, don't release the fuckin' singularity. Already been said here, but it warrants further mention.

Thirdly, the nature of the security force upon our hottest pickin's means that you shouldn't be engagin' them from where they can't be shooting you. Bombs, stealth, cover, and tactical retreat are your friends. Try to lure singles into traps, but don't get fucking caught in your own web. If a bloody Unathi mall cop kills another team-mate in an 'honourable' duel, I'm goin' to fucking deliver mail.

Finally, and most importantly, Energy Sword Volleyball is a respectable sport, and the only way a real Syndicate Operative celebrates a job well done. Grow some fuckin' balls. And don't worry, if you're playin' right,ya won't bleed out because the energy sword will cauterize the wound. Core tosses only, people! And if yer a toddler, I suppose you could use an energy shield. IF you're a toddler.

LOGIN>B.F.G.

PASSWORD>

ACCESS LEVEL> [REDACTED]

NET ACCESS: Granted

Welcome

Here's some little information from me:

1. Torture personal information outta yer victims, trust me. Gettin' 'nuff information like that'll help us a tonne, phone numbers, emails, relationships, and finances are all stuff we can use.

2. Your mask works as a voice changer, I've seen some kiddos who wasted some crystals on the mask from the uplink.

3. Use all your tools, the energy sword is amazin', it's gonna chop 'em to bits and 'ell, awesome to pull out in a clutch situation.

4. Stealth is key, don't go 'round announcin' whatcha gonna do to the poor fuckers fightin' ya.

LOGIN>SNOW

PASSWORD> ********************

ACCESS LEVEL>[REDACTED]

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

Hostages are key when invading a station, or any other Nanotrasen facility. Hostages are leverage. If used properly, they can keep the security force out of your hair just long enough for you to be in and out before they can even scrap together a rescue plan.

The trick lies in picking the right people to take as hostages. It's all situational. Sometimes the hostage you've taken will force security to adopt a holding pattern while your comrades run about under cover of darkness and accomplish your mission objectives. Sometimes it'll be like kicking a hornet's nest, and the entire facility will be coming after you in short order with makeshift weapons and mass attacks. And sometimes they just won't give a damn and will actually ask that you execute the hostage because nobody likes them.

Weigh the cost against the benefit when taking a hostage. If they're difficult to control but extremely influential with the station, it might be worth assigning someone to watch them the entire mission and make sure they cannot escape just for the sheer influence it will grant you when security wants to rush in with flashbangs primed in kamikaze attacks. If they're easy to control but ultimately useless, there's no point in even wasting your time or a pair of cuffs to detain them.

And please, use goddamn cuffs. The last thing you need is to turn your back and find that the security officer you took for ransom has slipped out of their cable restraints and is now fighting you for your weapon. And be sure to remind them regularly of who they're dealing with. You're not their friend, even if you treat them humanely. If they start getting too friendly or confident, a good way to knock them down a notch is with a 12.7mm bullet to the kneecap.

LOGIN>Scorpion

PASSWORD> ************

ACCESS LEVEL>[REDACTED]

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

Right. What are the three things that is most important in any war, battle or hell, any type of endeavour? Information, information and information. With that in mind, it is paramount that you take a moment to share information about yourself and your skills. Knowing you're easly able to hack an airlock, deconstruct a wall or are able to inpersonate and infiltrate will help a lot in the longrun. Don't be a fucking moron. If you don't think you're able to do something, fucking say it. All of this will help a lot while planining. Given, no plan servives the contact with the enemy, but this still helps a lot. Ohh, and always report in once in a while.

Well, speking of information, what is the one thing on the station that can be either most harmless or most deadly, while having the largest access to information? The AI. The damned fucking AI. If it is agressive enough, it will do anything in its power to fuck you over, including shocking and locking airlocks, venting the atmosphere and brining down the firelocks. It may be a good idea to attempt and remove it, but keep in mind, you got to be fast and you got to be skilled. It may be the first thing you should do if you plan to do it. And for fuck sakes... don't use the Ion and EMP weapons if you don't know what you're doing. A missfire /can/ kill your whole team.

LOGIN>Stallion

PASSWORD> ************

ACCESS LEVEL>[REDACTED]

NET ACCESS GRANTED

WELCOME

Ay, you knuckle heads really need to toggle your shit, like the magboots, the jetpacks, and the air tanks before venturing out. Nuffin's more of a waste of expense dan a chucklefuck who can't get the basics together and soarin' off into the great void because he didn't check his gear.

And for God's Sakes, don't use your real name!