Jump to content

[1 Dismissal] Give The Chef The Memory of the Civilian Account Number


Guest Marlon Phoenix

Recommended Posts

Guest Marlon Phoenix

This will allow chefs to pay for kitchen supplies with the proper source of the money.

You can access accounts via the ATM by manually entering the account number and PIN number. Department accounts do not have a PIN number, so chefs will immediately be able to withdraw and utilize the money.

This opens the door for chefs to more easily, and with more freedom, stock and theme the kitchen and restaurant area.

Chefs who withdraw all the money and space it will be arrested and then the round will reset and the money will be back in there. There are no long term consequences from round to round.

There will be no limit on the withdrawal amount outside stating explicitly on the wiki guide and perhaps with a paper in the kitchen itself that the chef should try to make back the money they spend that shift, and that NT keeps a history of their financial success. (We don't.)

 

Edited by Marlon Phoenix
Link to comment

1. Only heads (QM is close enough, as head of supply) should have access to an account, the chef can easily ask the Captain or HoP for access

2. Chef is in the service department, and should get the service account, not the main station account.

Overall, this will cause a slippery slope which would lead to everyone in the service department getting the account, which will only serve to make the HoP have even less to do.

 

-1

Link to comment

What if we reduced the civilian account to 3500 and gave the cook a 1500 credit charge card in their kitchen for basic expenses?  Not only does it generally lower the size of the civilian account's general funds, but it also allows chefs to function properly outside of a HoS/Captain being present, in a limited fashion.  Exact numbers subject to debate.

Link to comment
Guest Marlon Phoenix
2 hours ago, ben10083 said:

1. Only heads (QM is close enough, as head of supply) should have access to an account, the chef can easily ask the Captain or HoP for access

2. Chef is in the service department, and should get the service account, not the main station account.

Overall, this will cause a slippery slope which would lead to everyone in the service department getting the account, which will only serve to make the HoP have even less to do.

 

-1

As a hop main i can tell you that this would not affect me in any way.

I meant service, sorry.

And what slippery slope? Are you worried the station will go bankrupt?

And why should i have to ask when its sop for me to get it? All that happens is the odd hop ignores the chef and hop guide and says "we arent charging today", or there is no hop and im unable to make purchases.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix
Link to comment
Guest Marlon Phoenix
13 minutes ago, Kaed said:

What if we reduced the civilian account to 3500 and gave the cook a 1500 credit charge card in their kitchen for basic expenses?  Not only does it generally lower the size of the civilian account's general funds, but it also allows chefs to function properly outside of a HoS/Captain being present, in a limited fashion.  Exact numbers subject to debate.

Why does it need to be reduced?

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

Why does it need to be reduced?

It just seems odd to me that all station accounts have exactly the same amount of funds in them, despite some that would definitely have been considered more priority than others.  Why does the security and research department not get more than the civilian department, for instance?  Both of them need a lot more money to get stuff they might need to buy.  But I suppose that's another suggestion.

Edited by Kaed
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

And what slippery slope? Are you worried the station will go bankrupt?

Let me explain: Lets say we do give chef the account access, but what about the bartenders? They also need money to buy supplies! So they will try to get it by extension. Lets say we apply the logic to how chef was implemented and give the bartender access as well, but what about hydroponicists/gardeners? They also need money to buy supplies! 

Basically, I am saying that if we give chef the account credentials, why shouldn't we also give it to the others? Not to mention only heads have account details (I am including QM as head), and I feel we should keep that precedent. Why would NanoTrasen trust some chef with a large company account?

Sidenote: please edit your title and main suggestion post to reflect that service account is the actual account, to prevent further confusion. (I am not judging this suggestion based on that error, just so we all stay on the same page of what account is affected).

Link to comment

Voting for dismissal. Departmental accounts are under the purview of the departmental head, e.g. the HoP. Every job would love having spare money to throw around, the chef is no exception. But that is not how the system works. If you need money consult your supervisor, like everyone else.

Link to comment
Guest Marlon Phoenix
8 minutes ago, LordFowl said:

Voting for dismissal. Departmental accounts are under the purview of the departmental head, e.g. the HoP. 

Why? Throttling access to the funds has no purpose due to the resets of finances. It is also not at all anywhere that you pay for work supplies out of pocket when your supervisor doesnt clock in that day.

Link to comment
Guest Marlon Phoenix
1 hour ago, ben10083 said:

Let me explain: Lets say we do give chef the account access, but what about the bartenders? They also need money to buy supplies! So they will try to get it by extension. Lets say we apply the logic to how chef was implemented and give the bartender access as well, but what about hydroponicists/gardeners? They also need money to buy supplies! 

Basically, I am saying that if we give chef the account credentials, why shouldn't we also give it to the others? Not to mention only heads have account details (I am including QM as head), and I feel we should keep that precedent. Why would NanoTrasen trust some chef with a large company account?

Sidenote: please edit your title and main suggestion post to reflect that service account is the actual account, to prevent further confusion. (I am not judging this suggestion based on that error, just so we all stay on the same page of what account is affected).

Bartenders have historically not had the same motiviation or desires to personalize or stock or theme the area.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...