[Denied] Spiky-Poo's Application for Fun Tyrant [Internal Affairs Agent]

BYOND key:

Bristling_Feces

Character names:

Noia Kurusava

Corbjorn Tyran [Soon to be revised]

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

Maybe two weeks now. Still trying to find my place and where I belong, but Noia seems to be getting a healthy reputation, I hope.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

I want to be able to offer more opportunity for roleplay and better everybody's experience with Roleplay. I can do so without the Whitelist, but the flavor of the character I have in mind would have a lot more capability in making such actions.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

I heard "Heavy RP" and thought there was actually a cultured, or at least competent, community of people that put story above mechanical influence.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

I have. I would still need to give it a few more once-overs while I learn to play the Occupation, but I'm confident in my knowledge, and a fast learner.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

Without a doubt. Just yesterday I gave Security Guard a try. I ended up escalating a violent hostage situation that resulted in half the Med Bay being nuked by a ninja corpse, plus plenty of injuries. I understand my folly there; while I was acting on what I believe my character would do, it resulted in a lot of people's RP being ruined. Feel damn sad about that; I'll leave the security deals to people that are better fit for it. I promptly apologized to the admin involved and to the rest of the party. We all start somewhere, I still have a lot of mechanical deals I need to learn. Like how ninja suits are immune to stuns xD

My goal for this Whitelist is to have a character that I can play under Internal Affairs Agent, because when I'm put in the shoes of someone who just listens to peoples' complaints and enacts official actions against miss-conduct, I think I'd do a lot better of a job there. It's a relatively paced job, nothing I'd really be put under a lot of stress over.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay is a collaborative effort from multiple bodies to plot, script, create and enact out a story, or series of stories. Some situations, like Aurora, plot to have stories that stretch from the plot that exists, and create many different sub-plots that interact and entwine with each other through other players' characters. My belief of what it should be about is people having fun, while at the same time finding the joy in playing within the ruleset provided and create something unique and new to offer to the story at-hand.

Simply put; We all have a role to play.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The purpose of a Head of Staff is to provide guidance and assistance to those under you if something should be considered difficult. If they need help knowing how to hack into a door, or cook a plate of spaghetti, or when to interrogate naughty inmates. Also being the communication point between your typical associate, and the Captain. At least, that's in-game. The meta purpose, or OOC, I think would be literal management; the one in charge to make sure that RP goes smoothly and not off-the-rails like most other RP servers tend to have happen. 

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

Actively allow myself to be available to answer questions about certain topics, of which my specific role would probably be what they come to me for. Being an IAA would probably means my main ideal is to make sure everybody is following the Standard Operating Procedures of their respective department. I.E. having a clean kitchen. Keeping the rubber shotgun in the bar. Assuring maintenance is upkeeping lights in the hallway, and are actively available to assist in their job. Not only that, also to settle disagreements among crewmates, or to look into suspected violations of the SOP.

Essentially the OOC responsibilities of mine that I would have would be to help players who are unaware of these procedures learn what they are and how to go about keeping themselves in check.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

With the rise of terrible conflict across the system, theft of vessels and ambushes from Tajaran villains, Necropolis Industries' own Confiance Technologies realizes the nature of these criminals are growing ever more advanced, and even reaching ends that only were achieved through controversial means. While sinister in nature, Necropolis believes that learning these methods would be beneficial in the future for acting against these villains. Fighting fire with fire.

Noia was only just recently discharged from the military before she was taken in by Necropolis, without notice and by force. Through them they conducted countless experiments, including a customary model of cybernetic armature, an arm with a sinister appearance, which was functionally improved upon other models. This arm however comes at the price of jolting surges, albeit harmless, through the veins of the users. Both Noia and her significant other were taken in and conducted on, however she still needs time to adjust to the odd pain.

As part of the experiments, Noia was personally contracted aboard the NSS Aurora as a test subject to see how one with these genetic, mechanical and mental augmentations adjusts back to the typical lifestyle of a common Nanotrasen employee. Starting as a freelance journalist, Necropolis now, through their own methods, seeks to lift Noia to higher standards among the Aurora, intending on having a bit of a closer eye on the station. All will soon see.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

Internal Affairs Agent; along with what I usually play. I seem to make the best efforts in the Service wing of the station. I also intend on playing as a few antag roles which all have their own reasons as to why Noia would suddenly be turning antagonistic.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Noia Kurusava may be the one to step up to the plate for IAA. If not then I may keep her at a Journalist and make a new character for it. I also submitted an application for an IPA race permission, which I kind of long for; I think that a character who's inclined to Nanotrasen or another related organization would be perfect for a job that prefers their agents had no personal affiliations with the crew.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

When put in the right role, I think my roleplay is pretty good. I find I'm modest in my self-opinions, but I deffinitely try my best to give the people around me as much to work with to interact with my characters and surrounding objects as possible.

Managed to go a round as a Vampire and got myself a personal blood-doner through roleplay, and went the whole round alive and *almost* onto the shuttle... I do improv a lot here and there; Noia for example being from a very covert-op wing of Necropolis, which I know isn't in the main wiki, but it's my excuse for when she runs Antag some rounds.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

Yes. Especially after the previous incident, I understand now may not be the healthiest time to apply for Whitelist. Though I also have much else to improve on, I believe IAA would be a comfortable role to have while I still learn. We all start somewhere~!

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

I have only looked in-depth with IAA; the other roles I have not particularly looked over, but knowing this may be important in the future, I shall give them a few twice-overs.

Extra notes:

I genuinely have optimism to play this role, or at least be put on trial for it for a while; however if I seem like I'm getting in over my head, let me know what I could primarily improve on; and I'll do the best in my ability to do so. I'm not the most formal kind of person, I do go about my life with a "just wing it" kind of mentality, but I'm feeling explorative.

Thanks for reading my Application, even if it's a waste of time! Hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz

I will point out that IAA is under a command whitelist therefore all of command positions. 

That being said, I am not comfortable with the thought of you being an agent given how new you are to the server. I would say that perhaps in two weeks from now, I’d have a different opinion. For now, I will give my -1.

There are some IAA players who don't touch the command roles... you are however listening in on command and will be often asked for advise or to send back and forth reports of the situation which requires good knowledge and situational awareness which is realy hard when you start out with command. As Soul pointed out IAA is part of the command whitelist and you'd be given access to all of it, even captain... i can see why some people don't feel comfortable with that. The App is written good and i enjoy the honesty but you should get better known in the community and have a good grasp of the game before applying for it. What i think would be a good idea and what I've seen people do is: a) Become a bridge assistant -> ask for it IC, get command access and headset, help with mundane task and help / learn what and why command does. b) Make an internal affairs cyborg. We had one of those and it was hilarious... maybe ask an admeme how you would go about that, but just walking arround asking for problems or noting regulatory violations is a good start, along with the chance for realy extensive RP. c) Okay that's a new one, but as assistant you could also ask someone who plays IAA to be a junior version of it like an aprentice. People get a chance to see you in the IAA role, you have a boss and don't need the whitelist for it and you can even advertise your app after rounds ;) 

I also see the counselor role is pretty under used... who knows, maybe it is one who takes and interrest in the crews personal wellbeing and works together with a shrink, could be fun and needs no whitelist + much RP and people get to know you :)

I'll withhold judgement since nothing i wrote is about the player, just some pointers :3