Ma'zaira's Paramedic Jacket

BYOND Key: SimontheMiner
Discord: @SampleTex#1892
Character name: Ra'mit Ma'zaira
Item name: Winter Paramedic Jacket

Why is your character carrying said item to work?
As a Paramedic, he will always be wearing his jacket to help keep himself visible to the injured and those in need. As it provides no insulation, and working in medical requires him to enter cooler parts of the station occasionally (or even freezing parts), Ma'zaira would have purchased himself a custom coat so he can work in these cooler parts of the station without fear of getting too cold to keep his hands steady when administering medications or applying bandages and burn kits
Item function(s): Functions like a winter coat, just sprited to look like a normal EMT coat with a bit of the insulating fabric seen around the neck of the jacket, as the normal winter coats feature. It will be able to open and close like other coats.
Item description: A custom made first responder coat. Inside is a warm fabric and the name Ra'Mit Ma'zaira sewn in by the collar.
Item appearance: 
Opened: https://gyazo.com/59e617c52440250f1688b3b67b2ba6e4
Closed: https://gyazo.com/fb160beb23007a54880fc587688c0530

Why is your character bringing this item to work?
Because he thought a better insulating jacket that looks almost identical to the standard issue one would be a pretty handy thing to have. If he has to stop someone from bleeding to death or inject life saving chemicals into them in an area that might be too cold for him, it will give him a buffer time to ensure he can safely move the patient (which is entirely his job, stabilizing and then transportation for treatment)

How did your character obtain this item:
After a rad storm made him and someone else go into maintenance for shelter they passed through a refrigerated room as a shortcut, to which he commented about how cold it was. The discussion lead to him talking about the jacket he gets not being very warm and lead to him thinking about getting a custom one made. After work that shift he went down to a tailor and discussed getting one made for himself. It isn't a super interesting story, but it makes a lot of sense that someone would get something that would make working easier and more comfortable.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?:

A fair amount due to his own personal history, and not his history with the jacket himself. Growing up he always wanted to be a hero, but children can't exactly participate in a nuclear war as a soldier. By the time he grew up the war was already over but the idea of being a hero and honorable Unathi was stuck to him. Eventually he learnt about the Kataphracts and how to become a hopeful, which in combination to his occupation of helping people in their time of need as a paramedic, rekindled that dream of being some sort of hero to others.
To him the jacket is almost a physical manifestation of his dream of becoming a hero, showing his dedication to helping protect the injured and weak as a Kataphract hopeful. It by no means gives him a sense of invincibility, as he realizes it is just a jacket, and instead views it as more of a way of saying "This is what I am dedicating myself towards doing and I am proud to say it." Any reasonable thing he can do to allow him to focus more time and energy not heating himself back up dedicating himself to his honor code is something he would absolutely do.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

It would make sense for a unathi to invest in clothing that will help them ensure they can remain at a comfortable temperature, plus it while it gives a slightly different looking jacket, it isn't overly obvious, encouraging further conversation between others who pay attention and ask him about it.

Spirits are included below as DMI files

Additional comments: if anything needs to be adjusted on the sprite I would be more than happy to do so to help this process go faster, should it be approved.

Maza jacket.dmi Maza Jacket Open.dmi

Had the pleasure of working with Ma'zaira for a couple shifts now. The character is good, solid fun, performs his job well, and brings a fresh perspective on unathi and medical work in general. Simon very quickly left the impression on me that they are a competent roleplayer, and I don't expect to see them squandering the rp opportunities they've drawn up in this very application.

+1 from me.

Ma'zaira is a wonderful Paramedic with an incredible optimistic conduct, whose behavior has made me more curious and intrigued in the Unathi lore through his roleplaying. The item is excellently thought through and I do believe it will accentuate him well. I support this item wholeheartedly.

1+

Guest BoxWulf

A personal item, even something as simple as a jacket, helps to enhance roleplay and encourages players to bond a bit more with their characters. 

There really isn’t a reason why this shouldn’t be accepted.

+1