BurgerBB's Permaban Appeal

BYOND Key: BurgerBB

Total Ban Length: Permanent, it's been 5 months 20 days since then.

Banning staff member's Key: Trishinastalker

Reason of Ban: Ybw9jto.png

Reason for Appeal:

To put it short, I'd honestly like to come back to Aurora. I miss playing chemist and it would be nice to roleplay again every so often. I really don't know what else to really put here except that I've spent some time on other servers like CM and Citadel, and only got permabanned on Citadel's discord for semi-related reasons but that's complicated received only 1 note about powergaming in my 6 months of playing occasionally on both servers. My attitude has improved since then and I have taken several steps and made several plans to ensure that I would be a positive impact on Aurora.

Steps I would be taking include:

- Not complaining about the round during or after it. Criticism about anything will not be given unless specifically asked for.

- Avoiding most OOC discussion.

- Avoiding the forums.

- Avoiding development altogether; I will not be making any PRs or participating in any development discussions unless it's absolutely necessary, such as when someone specifically asks for my input or I need to report a bug that no one else has reported.

I'm aware that I get unreasonably angry and involved when I encounter things that I think that should be fixed, which is why I was so involved in Aurorastation's development as well as some administrative related topics. While my attitude and methods has considerably improved, I am still deciding to take preemptive measures.

Please feel free to ask any questions. There are some questions I cannot answer publically, such as any information about the discord ban I received on Citadel, due to the sensitive nature. I'm happy to talk about it on discord privately, however.  Other than that, I have not been banned or warned on any other server or medium since those 5 months, I was just noted once for because I gave myself all access as the HoP left their ID in the console and I made an announcement about how the HoP left their ID in the console.

1 hour ago, Datamatt said:

Why did you get banned from the citadel discord though? And how long ago? This is sorta important.

The official reason is "Constant shit stirring." but it's much more complicated than that. Given the fact that the main reason I was banned was for bringing up a conversation where an admin threatened to ban me I'm kind of hesitant to talk about it publically here. Again, I'm happy to talk about it on discord privately. This was about a week ago.

Oh, it's important to note that the "constant shit stirring" is unrelated to violating rules or having a bad attitude towards the community or players.

I never insulted the citadel community or said anything bad about them in my time contributing there except for my distaste for catgirls but I don't count those as players. Development on citadel is strange because no one really participates in it except for other contributors and developers so players rarely interact.

My discord is Burger#3948 by the way.

34 minutes ago, Scheveningen said:

I don't see an issue with this, honestly, as long as you've improved I don't see why not.

Citadel's kind of a completely different community from this one, based on my experiences with community members over there. It's not very difficult to get an admin on your case for something over there. You know how sometimes people have an issue here where they hair trigger ahelp anything? Not to shit-talk Citadel, but they have that issue a lot worse than we do because they have more people who do that.

I had no issues with players there, save for one which was dealt with after an entire month of unintentional admin shopping. While playing, I was only bwoinked/noted once for powergaming when I gave myself all access as assistant when the HoP had the spare in the ID change console and used the bridge access to make an announcement stating that a medical doctor hunted and sedated a deer character with a syringe gun for the sport of it.

In truth I was more closer to the guy who hair triggered ahelped everything thing as I was more used to HRP than I was MRP. Ahelps such as "The clown vored all the dogs in the holodeck and played disgusting vore sounds." and "Not sure if this guy is antag or not but this dude walked up to me and shot me with a cryo-water water potassium syringe and dabbed on my body."

Honestly the biggest concern would probably still be my behavior, but it would be more related to the behavioral adjustment from MRP to HRP.