Move Counselor to Medical

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The secular counselor role would work best with the access of the psychologist, and regular access to the long-term care wing of medical. The readily accessibility to clone patients and other people going through traumatic stuff, as well as rehabilitating in LTC, would let the job interact with people more. It would be a good psychologist-lite for people who want to be involved without using the kind of complicated psychologist tools.

This also lets the chaplain run around, since their current responsibilities are not really involved with post-cloning people right now, in the current meta, and are more like proselytizers.

I would be happy to update the counselor guide, which is attached to the chaplain guide and is crazy outdated.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix
Guest Marlon Phoenix

No. Both would be available.

Well. Maybe.

Counselor running around with a psychologist is the goal.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

Not a fan. Mind you, I've never been a fan of there being an alternate title of 'counselor' for a religious role playing position. Most of the alt titles for the chaplain position involve different titles for priests in other religions, which says more to me about what the purpose of the role is supposed to be. The existence of the title itself is a relic from the era when there was no such thing as a psychologist, and chaplain/counselor were the only two choices for that role.

I'd much prefer we move the alt title to psychologist or just remove it entirely to inserting a chapel in the medbay.

That being said... I'm strongly for chaplains being given base access to the medbay - religion and the sick or injured have a very long history together.

Edited by Kaed
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gem locked this topic