[Accepted] Snake2512's Command Whitelist Application

BYOND key: Snake2512

Character names: Jack McKinley (formerly McJacko) and Vance Khan.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I first joined in early 2018 and took a bit of a break towards November of that same year. I recently returned to play regularly in August of 2019 so I think a solid eight months of consistent play.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I wish to explore a Head of Security character instead of my usual Chaplain routine. Mainly because during the dead hours I play I see 1 million sec officers and no head of security. (Yes, I am perfectly aware we have too many security players and I apologize.)

Why did you come to Aurora?: A friend from another hrp server invited me.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes I have. Vance is over 30, ten years between being a Police Officer and working for the Court Administration Authority in Sol and acquired a Diploma of Crime and Justice Studies from St. John’s Luna University.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? I have received a few adminpms in the past, the most dire one was warning me not to be so eager to go toe to toe with a Cultist as the Chaplain.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay in the truest sense of the word is a collaborative story telling effort where each 'player' assumes the role of a main character of some description. These players drive the story onward through their various interactions with the world and all form various integral parts of the overarching plot. Roleplay in the context of ss13 can as a result be hard to perfect as there is technically 30 main characters at any given time and not all of them agree on how the story should proceed. However, fundamentally it should be about a group of people collaborating as various characters to produce an enjoyable and quality story. 

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Heads of Staff are an integral part of the ss13 experience, especially if you are new to the game. No matter the character design of the head of staff, they should always be looking to include and drive all players of the game together, ideally through continuous interaction with those who are new to the game itself. They should be experienced in the department, adequate social skills and of an above average roleplay quality all with the principle focus of engaging and entertaining the fresh blood. 

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: I sort of touched on this in the above paragraph but their principle responsibility is to provide an example and encouragement to those under them. They are the first line of defence against bad roleplay habits, griefers and other elements that may detract from the overall roleplay experience. They have a responsibility especially to the new players, that they may be given a chance to integrate themselves in the wider culture and learn from the most experienced men. In short, the OOC responsibilities to other players is to provide an ideal example and inclusive roleplay. A fundamental principle in acting this out is being familiar with the wider lore and IC regulations so your interactions with Central Command, aliens, antags etc can set a standard.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? Vance Khan himself would actually have emigrated from Sol due to a political scandal concerning his employment in the public sector. Tau Ceti's main impact on his career as he would of recently shifted citizenship is not only the culture shock of a new planet to live on but the culture shock of a corporate workplace vs the public sector he is used to. A policeman turned corporate security is by far and wide nothing unique but in combination with various other quirks I hope to entertain other players with the juxtaposition.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

Head of Security. Perhaps Captain later down the line when I am more familiar with a command role. 

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Vance Khan, Head of Security

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:Above average, my emotes suck, my grammar sucks but I like to think I do a really good job at finding the new people on the server and entertaining them. As a Chaplain main Jack's entire job has been completely roleplay fuelled and I believe many have enjoyed their interactions with Jack McKinley.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? I do.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? I have.

Extra notes:

JMJ

I would trust Snake with my life. Not only is he generally good to RP with, he's a very solid guy OOC. I would feel comfortable with him in charge of Security. I have known in him command roles on other servers and he has been able to play a good leader before who was able to control some very unruly subordinates. I feel like he would be able to lead and manage the sometimes unpredictable ISD without drama.

complete dickbag -1

In all seriousness, Snake and I have had a very broad history across a few servers. I've seen him go from robusting the NCR in extreme quantities to robusting the cult in extreme quantities. JK he is unrobust lmao

But in even more seriousness, his roleplay potential is extreme. He is capable enough mechanically to handle a security position, and his roleplay is only equatable by that one image of that one frame of the guy in the poncho from the Emperor's New Groove putting his fingers together in an expression that can only be matched by a feeling of express good vibes. He singlehandedly brought along a variety of characters to become more accommodating or thinking about religious theory or spirituality, as well as philosophical concepts and general counselling, essentially reviving the counsellor/priest role through his superior roleplay.

Snake has a good idea of how to understand how people tick, and how a person should tick in terms of how to roleplay a believable person and character. He has created and led troubled characters and created broad stories and concepts even on servers not entirely accommodating to a serious RP environment. He is a literally powerful roleplayer. I have absolutely no doubt of their ability to lead, to diplomacy, and to deal with the inter-personal conflicts of a department. Not only that, I think he'll have the serious potential to generate an interesting character that could compel people to feel inspired to create their own characters in a similar form, as he has done in the past.

I have no doubt. I have seen him as a preacher, a counsellor, and a Centurion. And I will follow him knowing his roleplay is fantastic, and his mechanical skill is sound.

Et ego semper tecum, centurio mi! +1

Let me just start off by saying that Snake is a chaplain main. If you can stick to that, you're probably a better roleplayer than I'll ever be.

Snake is just the right kind of balance between goofy and serious that makes his characters endearing to just about everyone. He's simply a joy to play with. And during his trial, he's been just as great. Khan doesn't do anything particularly original but it's always fun when something happens to him because then you can go "KHAAAAN!" As a player, Snake extremely courteous and he never capitalizes his sentences. Really makes him feel easy going and non-intimidating, I can dig it.

I hope to see him turn out a few more characters in the future. Command characters as well. +1

• Faris locked this topic