[On-Trial] Skyflieger's Command Application

BYOND key: Skyflieger

Character names:

Keira Hall(Detective), Rhea Berg(Security Officer), Sophia Ilaora(Anomalist), S.K.Y.(AI), S.K.Y. 874(Stationbound)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

One and a half years, plus, minus half a year.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

Generally: I believe that I am a valuable addition to the command team and that I can bring a bit more professional flavor in to the departments. Good example: As a Head of Security I want to bring back paperwork and communication to the security department. I believe that there is a severe lack of both in there.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

I was testing multiple HRP servers and stuck with Aurora after a recommendation from a good friend of mine.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

Too many times

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?:

Only minor Bwoinks because of oopsies from my side. Nothing severe that I know about.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplaying is about entering a Role you like and think that you can fit in correctly. It is not about winning or achieving a goal. That is something the Char you play may want to achieve. But for the player it is about the path you have on trying to achieve the characters' goals. A German saying states “the path is the goal” which applies in my opinion for roleplaying more than for anything else

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Command is, ingame?:

Being the Link between Central Command and the Crew. They are responsible that everything works in a manner of the IC regulations, and OOC regulations but that is something everyone should go and look that it works

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

For other players a Head of Command is an example of how to be and how to behave. They are some kind of guidance. If they behave stupid other players will think that this is okay and will do the same. As a Head of Command you are kinda the elite that is not an elite but everyone thinks is an elite.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

I will ignore stuff like the stuff that is currently happening with some Tajarans and Vaucra as this does not impact my chars. They normally are not.interested in politics There is a general distrust against synthetics, especially free IPCs. This applies onto the most of my chars as they generally think of Synthetics as being predictable and quite stupid.

What roles do you plan on playing after application is accepted?:

Head of Security and if I take the courage to get back to the good old Engineering days Chief Engineer later. Head of Personnel is also an Option that I keep myself warm as I like the gist of this role.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:

Petr Antonov - Head of Security. He will be a completely new character that I created and intend to use. His backstory bases around being Sergeant in the Biesel National Guard and being harsh and strict with his men. His primary goal was always to follow orders and to keep up with the protocol. That combined with his religious view of the world that every person has a value and the right to be alive (Notice the slight discremination of synthetics there) made him quite good in his job while reducing casualties on both sides. After Nanotrasen saw this fairly old Sergeant (43 at that point) they decided to try getting him into the security department of one of their stations. After some struggle he accepted and went first to the New Seoul Combat Training Centre and graduated with a Bachelor of Internal Security. This was followed by working 10 years as a Security Officer on the NSS Exodus which was followed by a promotion to a Head of Security and he got shifted to the NSS Aurora.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

Solid 7/10. I believe that I can get into other roles fairly quickly and adapt them fairly good. Besides that, I know that I am only human and make mistakes sometimes. I think that I can roleplay a wide variety of characters, if I always want to be another thing. This is a skill I think not everyone has, which is not bad if you do not have it, and that it makes the RP so much better.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?:

When I did something awful and stupid I hope that this happens.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?:

I read the Wikis for command in general and read all the relevant stuff on the command role pages.

Extra notes:

Please be nice!

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz
10 minutes ago, Brutishcrab51 said:

All I can say is - who?

I'm sorry, I just don't recognize any of your characters. I play somewhat commonly, but it's possible we may have different timezones. How often are you online?

Same, only time I have seen any of those characters was Berg when a vamp Dominated me and told me to magdump her, and that is literally it.

19 hours ago, Brutishcrab51 said:

All I can say is - who?

I'm sorry, I just don't recognize any of your characters. I play somewhat commonly, but it's possible we may have different timezones. How often are you online?

I am online 2 or 3 times in the week for one or two rounds after work. Mostly around 8 PM Central European Time.