Smaller Requirement size for Merc to 1 or new gamemode

AmoryBlaine

Currently, the requirement for Mercs is four players. Given, that throwing four random players together and expecting them to come up with a reasonable plot and gimmick for the round in under 30 minutes is nearly impossible, and there's hardly a merc round that goes by without inadequacies related to team play, I suggest we lower the requirement to one player. This would allow for rounds of 1, 2, 3, 4, + Mercs, rather than 4+ only. So 15 man rounds can still experience a shuttle-based intruder/visitor mode, without there being only 10 people on station. Smaller groups allows for easier planning anyways, more focus. A shuttle that docks, and the capacity to start off with equipment and the ability to make themselves part of the crew, allows for a large variety of gimmicks that usually aren't possible with a four man team, due to conflicting ideas.

"Just play ninja." Ninja, nor Traitor, gives you the means to hide among the crew like Merc does, with the capacity to forge records and manifest listings. Nor do they allow you to dock with the station as a means of proving you didn't just spawn out of the ether. You're given access to a number of working softsuits, firearms, belts, voidsuits, tools, and so on. Coupled with the TC, you can essentially carry out whatever you want to.

"But you'll die fast." If you try to act as though you're a four man killing team, with numbers and firepower on your side, sure. Going at it alone isn't suppose to be an equal experience to going at is as a team. It's suppose to liberate you of conflicting gimmick ideas, or unwilling playmates- so you can finally do that gimmick no one else wants to do when you roll 4 man merc. Except the aforementioned four man kill team gimmick.

Anyone who dies fast with the equipment available to that antag type is terrible, especially seeing as traitors operate solo with less equipment and generally worse options.

I'm not for or against this, but I'm interested in seeing how the discussion goes.

• Gem locked this topic