KISS CCIA

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The announcements we get from cc tend to be suuuper long and the uniform regulation one takes up the entire screen. Please condense them into 1 - 4 sentences. We can read the actual sop for the technicalities.

Too long didnt read

I'm actually agreeing with this. The announcements are important as random reminders are a thing I feel NanoTrasen would do in our genre and setting, but I feel that for play-ability the "volume" of these should be toned down. With Directives now being labeled as procedure and given bullet point numbers you could always condense:

Personnel should be reminded that regulation requires uniform jumpsuits to be worn rolled up. Tajaran crew members are excepted from this requirement, but are required to wear a non-revealing undershirt or tank top that does not bare the chest.

Uniformed security employees are to wear only standard equipment provided by NanoTrasen. Security uniforms do not include personal clothing, or items that would significantly impact the crew's ability to immediately identify security personnel. Minor alterations to uniform equipment are permitted in order to accommodate non-human species.

Contracted employees are to wear their own company uniforms to be distinguishable. Contracted security employees are to wear the security apparel of their parent company.

Personnel failing to meet these requirements are in violation of regulations, and are subject to fines, detention, or other applicable penalties.

Into:

Personnel should be reminded that regulation requires uniform jumpsuits to be worn rolled up. Uniformed security employees are to wear only standard equipment provided by NanoTrasen. Contracted employees are to wear their own company uniforms to be distinguishable. For further information regarding this please see Station Procedure 1.12 "Uniform Regulations."

Guest Marlon Phoenix

"Personnel should be reminded on the regulations regarding workplace attire. Please see Station Procedure 1.12 "Uniform Regulations at your earliest convienence.."

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

The argument I make regarding the version I put is that not everyone is going to know OOCly where to find the station procedure. By giving them a morsel, they understand a bit of the rules regarding it without having to go search it up and are likely to be a bit more curious about it than the quicker and simpler reminder.

I'm also all up about keeping the messages but cutting them down to the essential with possible links to detailed regulation about it.

Depending of the role you are playing on the station there is already a shit load of text to read, so when I'm spammed with messages I just tend to ignore them (I often miss station messages because of that habit too). 

• 4 months later...