Emily Cress' Star Sweater and Lyric Book

BYOND Key:
- MattAtlas.

Discord Key:
- mattatlas#6970

Character Name:
- Emily Cress.

Item Name:
- (Star) Sweater [An army green sweater. It looks well cared for and contains a star on the front, near the neck. To those familiar with it, the star is the same symbol as one of the nation alliances' logos in Earth's history.]
- Lyric Book [An old, faded folder containing various alphabetically organized lyrics of several songs, including musical sheets for guitars. A dark purple H is scribbled on the center, along with half a heart on the left and a cut on the bottom right. The lyrics inside have two copies each: one in Sol Common and one in Tau Ceti Basic. It generally looks to be hard rock.]

Item Function(s):
- The sweater can be worn as an accessory.
- The lyric book can be used in hand and, after a short time of searching through the mess of papers, adds a tidbit to the description: the song name and a small sentence about the contents.

Why is your character bringing this item to work?
- The sweater is something Emily knit herself quite a while ago. Admittedly, she's bringing one for the same reason you'd bring your nicest jacket to work.
- The lyric book is something she'll use when reciting lyrics in game or showing off her hard work. Other than that, it's a memento of times spent with her old friends in Seoul.

How did your character obtain this item (1 paragraph or more please):
- The sweater was knit. That's it. That's all there is to it.
- The lyric book was created over the course of several years in Seoul. It's the product of three people working for years on a passion project for a 'hidden' band. They never really recited publicly, so it was mostly only ever seen by Emily and her friends. Recently, she spent a week transcribing the lyrics to be accurate and work in Basic. The musical sheets have been worked on by one person in her band alone.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?:
- The sweater is something that clearly gives away that Emily is from Earth from the examine description alone. The ideal connection I want people to make is that the name and nationality really don't match at all.
- The lyric book is much more substantial. The songs themselves are meant to be dark and moody to reflect the general climate from when they were written. The value that they have is pretty significant: not only is the book itself a reminder of much better times, but it's also something that's been worked on passionately by Emily for years on end. It's supposed to be what kept her happy during a time where that seemed like an impossibility.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?
- I've already written about the sweater above.
- The lyric book has tons of potential as I'm sure you can guess by now. I intend to pass it over to people to look at: it's meant to look very busy on the surface to reflect when it was written, which is quite a lot of time ago, the songs being relatively gloomy are going to bring up a lot of questions, the H on the cover will bring up questions as well, it's an insight into Emily's hobbies and why she doesn't do them anymore, etc etc. It's very obvious what the utility is here.

Sprites:
- Both sprites are included in the DMI.

Additional Comments:

The star sweater is meant to have a bootleg NATO logo if it's not clear enough.

I'd rather give the song name descriptions in private so as to not ruin the surprise, but I can give them here if needed. Also yes the lyric book sprite is like my first actual sprite so it's not that great.

hmwc5hd.png

Q7SaGiP.png

COOSrMd.png

mattstuff.dmi

• 2 weeks later...