Make more tools of terrorists which activate upon letting go of item.

There b pirates

It's common practice for most terrorists, domestic or international to have a null activation device instead of an active activation device. I can explain what this means very simply. Say you've got a classical terrorist situation where you've got a guy wearing a bomb vest and he's got the classic red button and if he presses the button the bomb vest explodes. This isn't how smart bomb threats are made. Smart bombs are made in the way such that the bomb user presses down the button and the bomb only explodes when the button is let go of. This means that if said assailant is handled to roughly or shot, then the bomb has a 100% chance of going off.

I suggest more items like this be added to the Aurora. For example current grenades will go off in your hand, the primary example being EMP grenades. I think it would be more interesting if you could hold the grenade for an indefinite amount of time. This would encourage role play by ensuring antagonists are never completely out of bargaining power, which is commonly the case after a certain point in the round. 

Another suggestion, could be a variant of c4 which only detonates when the user hits critical status, or a health level that is nearly unrecoverable. Obviously C4 doesn't do much damage to the environment, and I couldn't imagine this would be fair if it did any more damage than C4 does. This would be similar to the ninjas self destructive device embedded in the hard suit, but obviously much less devastating.

Another suggestion could be perhaps a simple melee weapon such as a bat a stun baton or something similar which detonates a small EMP when dropped while activated. There's literally limitless possibility for items that do things when they exit somebody's grip.

I think it also fits the lore aspect, especially seeing as how syndicate traitors which aren't Auto antagonists spawn with a suicide pill. The suicide pill serves the same function has any of the items above. That is: literally if things get out of hand do something about it. Personally I think things that are very deadly shouldn't be liberally added. I think things that are very visible very clear and promote roleplay over action would be the correct way to go. The bomb vest is the best example of this. It's very clear when somebody is wearing such a vest, it's very clear when they're holding the button, and it's very clear that if this person lets the button go, something bad will happen. It's to the favor of both parties in this case to encourage role play, as if action is taken, the antagonist dies no matter what, and some of the personnel have a higher chance I'm getting injured or themselves dying. It allows our to be put into the antagonist sans without say new king the station and running.  It allows antagonists to up the stakes for both themselves and anyone posing a threat to them.  It gives everybody a better reason to roleplay and not do anything stupid. And it gives any antagonist a coup de gras, which most are missing these days anyway. Currently this is missing, because the absolute worst thing that happens in any case is security shoots the antagonist down with a lot of bullets, and 30 seconds later the transfer shuttles called. With such devices implemented, this wouldn't be the case.

Anywho thanks for reading up my suggestion for null activation devices, I hope to get some valuable input.

Edited by There b pirates
  • Gem locked this topic