Staff Complaint - Shadow/itzal

BYOND Key: Trazz666

Staff BYOND Key: itzal

Game ID: N/A, forum issue

Reason for complaint: Received a 2 point warning with a 24 hour forum mute on my forum account over a status, was ignored when asking for clarification of abusive behavior.

Evidence/logs/etc: Screenshot included of attempted contact with Shadow via discord, gave 24 hours to respond but was ignored. (the edit on the message was for a spelling error) Shadowscreenshot.png.ef240381d6611824642ed067902cabd8.png

Additional remarks: I should first note that Shadow has not only been online on discord since my message, but has even viewed my forum account page some time after the DM was sent. The status in question was "Trans rights are human rights. Get fucked xenos *dab*" and I'm legitimately confused what about the statement is abusive. 'Xenos' in this context is, obviously, in reference to the fictitious species of the server. And as far as I can tell, dabbing is not against any forum rules. I'd like the points removed from my account, thank you.

First of all, I have not been active at all on the forums since I have given you the warning, so me viewing your profile must have been the same time I have given you the warning. 

Secondly, me being online on discord doesn't meant anything since it's usually running in the background on my phone or pc while I have my notifications disabled. I haven't been avaliable on Sunday since I wasn't home at all. 

The reason you were restricted from posting was our automated system that takes actions once you have reached certain amount of points, I did not intend to mute you, it just happened to do because you have reached 24 points. 

I warned you because people reported your content, I checked it out and you were using abusive language so I warned you for it. 

As far as I can tell, the only truth in your statement would possibly be having discord notifications disabled.

At the time I wrote the complaint (over 24 hours since I messaged you), you had viewed my profile 11 hours prior.

Your discord showed you playing 'Aurora Station' and 'Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order' on Sunday.

I don't have 24 points, I have 2. Those being the only points I've ever had. 

And lastly, there is no abusive language in that status. I'd like the points removed.

I meant to say 2 points, not 24, you are right in that regard. It was a typo and I apologize for that. 

And my point stands, once I gave you the warning I haven't been active on the forums whatsoever, I am not trying to deliberately ignore you and if it seems that way I am sorry. 

In my eyes you have used abusive language and were warned for it, if whatever admin handles this disagrees with the punishment I handed out then I'll remove those points, but they will expire in a few months as it is.

• Cnaym locked this topic