Make Gimmick Kits Cheaper

Carver

Per the title, their prices feel utterly restrictive and a great majority don't actually provide value matching their cost.

1. The themed voidsuits for Mercenaries are often either quite inefficient due to slowdown, or mere sidegrades.
  2. The themed voidsuits for Corps/Traitors don't match the value of other spacewear options provided in the uplink, some being arguably quite worse. Taking this into account, I've priced them at 10 to account for the niche benefits of voidsuits in comparison to a normal softsuit.
  3. Taking the first point into the account, beyond theming, the main telecrystal value of single gear loadout crates is in the weaponry - so I've priced them at 15 according to that they offer unique weaponry and ammunition for it, leaving a modest sum for other equipment.
  4. Group kits are priced about 10 TCs higher, generally leaving roughly 8 TCs (7.5 specifically, so two with 7 TCs and two with 8 TCs) per member of a 4 man team for personal equipment. They are priced according to the extra weaponry and notably the hardsuit, and 8 TCs (at most for two, 7 for the others) per should afford at most a single personal item of choice for each mercenary. Or they could pool them for a single big purchase with 30 left (Such as a powerloader or the like).
  5. The frontier cowboy kits had the single-set price reduced to 10 (as the .38 revolver is a relatively unimpressive sidearm, meaning the most you get from it is flavour and the potent whip), with the group kit sitting at 50 due to offering an extra set for the investment (6 sets in total, thus 1 is 'free' with the bundle).

A frame of reference for the corporate voidsuits in particular, showing the relative inefficiency armour-wise vs the Red Space Suit (6 TC purchase) for their currently vastly higher price (Note: Caiman has increased slowdown, and the Red Space Suit can also fit in a satchel or backpack as the Revenant can).

Spoiler

spacearmor.thumb.png.5b26a88a0b14c3a09be0ee1e9b453373.png

PR: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/10058

Edited by Carver
1 hour ago, Scheveningen said:

Would recommend this be moved to projects since this is an actual PR, I was about to suggest that I make these edits myself until I saw the link to the PR. Very good, I like this.

As it were, it should only move to Projects if it's been accepted.

Screenshot_48.png.8ceb6a5b0041566d3f6fe19fe6aa19a6.png

• ferner locked this topic