Alcohol Rework

Kane

Currently, a single sip of alcohol can make a character sputter and slur their speech, which is not only weird should you want to have a casual drink, I find it also detracts from roleplay, trying to decode the messy stutters around the bar, from those who aren't drinking to drunk. It's awkward and annoying to not be able to control your character, too, after a small amount. Also, as a small, unrelated thing: Rename some of the alcohol? Some of the names are odd, or just unserious. Would it be too much to ask for real liquor names?

As a bartender player I must testify this is true, it's hilarious but awkward.

Would be nice if the slur filter was either toned down or removed, and replaced with random prefixes like "slurs", "drunkenly murmurs", so it'll be like, "Paul Corbet slurs, "I can't believe what happened in Science today."

If I had my way, characters would have an option in their player panel screen choosing "Lightweight", "Average", "Heavy-weight" and variables set to each which would determine how much alcohol a mob can take before becoming hammered. But we all know the snowflakes would choose heavyweight even if their character is a skinny person with no alcoholic history. XD We know.

Or just add it in as a 'skill', per se. Being a heavyweight would result in the skill points going up, resulting in people noticing if people are abusing their heavyweight status and exhibiting awful RP.

Yes please! Not that my character ever drinks, but I remember how annoying the drinking code is (same with the eating code that makes you fat on a couple of bites of pizza). As for tolerance levels... why should that cost anything any more than prosthetic limbs or having red hair? It's just an RP detail.

Yes please! Not that my character ever drinks, but I remember how annoying the drinking code is (same with the eating code that makes you fat on a couple of bites of pizza). As for tolerance levels... why should that cost anything any more than prosthetic limbs or having red hair? It's just an RP detail.

It gives you a notable advantage in-game.

Having a bottle of alcohol smashed over your head transfers the reagents into the mob hit. This can result in people becoming hilariously drunk and EXTREMELY un-robust. Being able to withstand a bit of that would give someone a pretty major advantage in a drunken bar fight.

Honestly, I don't think 'snowflake' characters abusing high-alcohol tolerance is a huge deal, and with the bottle smashing, in real life, somebody breaks a bottle of booze over your head, you're not getting hammered, you're getting knocked out, or perhaps worse. I think changing the prefix and removing the terrible filter that turns what could be some good roleplay into a gibbering mess would be a good idea, even if the blackout/blur isn't changed.

We should also probably not have alcohol give you actual liver damage so absurdly quickly.

Problem is, then we'd have millions oh heavy weight characters

Not a problem at all.

Like others have said, it's a minor RP detail. Anyway, they have genetic engineering now. Why wouldn't they give people stronger livers? Stronger immune systems, generally more efficient organs. You'd only see a tiny minority with zero modification anyway (Because that stuff gets inherited too), it's not like people are a fan of their kids getting some debilitating genetic disorder and not at least modify their kids to eliminate that risk factor and give other minor general augments.

There's too much worrying about snowflakes. They're a minor problem, put them into perspective.

I know it's pretty annoying when literally everyone is an amputee with prosthetic limbs, yeah. The solution to something like that? Have the vast majority of prosthetics be voluntary replacements, Deus Ex style. Which makes sense, because they should be very useful.

Problem is Erik you used "Genetic manipulation" to defend another point, and Gollee did say that barely anyone has it. It's controlled and immensely expensive.

Core worlds and the Inner Colonies are relatively wealthy. The economy is very stable, and genetic technology has become a commonplace practice with the advent of the Skrell and the Humans reaching a summit and creating an alliance. Most of these families would not have an issue getting their children gene-vaccines. Ooh, catchy.

It shouldn't be 'immensely expensive' because one of the lore writers says so and doesn't want to be bothered to expand on the subject. That's a very silly way to go about it.

In which case, it wouldn't be that awful to allow for certain people to have more enhanced metabolisms because of genetic modification.

Problem is Erik you used "Genetic manipulation" to defend another point, and Gollee did say that barely anyone has it. It's controlled and immensely expensive.

Core worlds and the Inner Colonies are relatively wealthy. The economy is very stable, and genetic technology has become a commonplace practice with the advent of the Skrell and the Humans reaching a summit and creating an alliance. Most of these families would not have an issue getting their children gene-vaccines. Ooh, catchy.

It shouldn't be 'immensely expensive' because one of the lore writers says so and doesn't want to be bothered to expand on the subject. That's a very silly way to go about it.

In which case, it wouldn't be that awful to allow for certain people to have more enhanced metabolisms because of genetic modification.

And this stuff is four hundred years old. Basic genefixing could be treated like a vaccine, nice analogy there.

That is a silly decision and Gollee is being silly by making that decision. I fail to see why it is anything but very silly.

That is a silly decision and Gollee is being silly by making that decision. I fail to see why it is anything but very silly.

It wasn't me that made the decision, I haven't been loremaster for quite a while, so quit this random aggression and actually listen, please.

GENETIC MODIFICATION IS REGULATED AND EXPENSIVE.

A DECISION ON THIS HAS BEEN MADE.

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THIS, MAKE A SEPERATE THREAD, DON'T KEEP BRINGING IT UP WHEN IT IS POINTLESS.

I would like a alcohol setting, lightweight, heavyweight, etc; Whisper took two gulps of absinthe and was slurring for five minutes.

It's not 'Gollee' it's the entire lore team. If you hate it so much, join the lore team or make a damn lore app about it. If not then you can't use it as an argument basis.

Actually, we can. Welcome to dealing with a community. Some people of the community says this (as in, the idea and object itself) is stupid, not the person who came up with it. There is your feedback.

And if the lore team doesn't want to do the work that they volunteered to do in the first place, namely being receiving feedback and taking it as feedback and not as a personal attack or whatever. Of which it is clearly not.

Throwing around accusations isn't going to help develop the lore and involve the community more in the lore development process, you know.

This topic has gone way off topic:

Currently, a single sip of alcohol can make a character sputter and slur their speech, which is not only weird should you want to have a casual drink, I find it also detracts from roleplay, trying to decode the messy stutters around the bar, from those who aren't drinking to drunk. It's awkward and annoying to not be able to control your character, too, after a small amount. Also, as a small, unrelated thing: Rename some of the alcohol? Some of the names are odd, or just unserious. Would it be too much to ask for real liquor names?

This is the original thread, it's about alcohol. If you want to talk about the Lore team or something that is to do with lore please make a post in Lore Questions.

Anymore posts about genetics or the lore team will result in the topic getting closed.

This topic has gone way off topic:

This is the original thread, it's about alcohol. If you want to talk about the Lore team or something that is to do with lore please make a post in Lore Questions.

Anymore posts about genetics or the lore team will result in the topic getting closed.

And note I made a thread for that too in lore backstory apps, ah, in case anyone else wants to comment. So just do it thee.