[Accepted]Jrphoenix303's Diona WL Application

BYOND Key: Jrphoenix303

Character Names: Naomi Maxwell, Otoha Seong, Phoenicks, Miyuki-AI (pAI)

Species you are applying to play: Diona

What color do you plan on making your first alien character:  Exempt

Have you read our lore section's page on this species: Yes, most all of the pages. There's a lot.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I’ve seen nymphs around the station every now and again, and despite being curious, I never really interacted with them beyond giving DNA. A couple days ago and yesterday as well, I got to play as a garden-grown nymph. One of those occasions I was able to grow into a gestalt, and experience how it is played, with some assistance from another Diona. I’ve since read more on the lore page and it’s interested me to try it more, without repeatedly playing the ‘newly grown Diona’.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a human:

The first and most obvious difference to me is that a Diona is not a single entity, but many nymphs becoming a whole. This can change how they react, talk, move, in any situation. Their knowledge is divided between each individual nymph, making cooperation between them crucial for function. They have a better ability to be aware of their surroundings, as well as simply being able to learn in general. They don’t age at the same rate as humans, and don’t even ‘age’ in the same way altogether.

Character Name: Dreams Of The Song Of Life 

Please provide a short backstory for this character

A gestalt about twenty-five years old, Dreams Of The Song Of Life is a Cyclops-form that is a native to the Biesellian Choir. Being grown in the temple allowed the initial nymph the potential to become a gestalt early in life, and gain knowledge rapidly. Their path in life has taken them to assisting in the hydroponics bay, growing and teaching young nymphs as Dreams was taught. In order to pay for housing, and donate to the Choir, Dreams chose to pursue employment with NanoTrasen, finding the requirements to become a Hydroponicist plenty acceptable, as well as another opportunity to discover new interests.

After completing their education and receiving their degree, Dreams Of The Song Of Life was hired onto the Aurora as their desired position, allowing them to continue what they have always enjoyed doing: Teaching, and growing food, albeit for a different crowd now. Being able to get out of Mendell and into other locations has allowed Dreams to expand their horizons, learning how all sorts of other jobs on the Aurora function, from everything from a detective to a bartender, and how they all work with one another.

What do you like about this character?

Dreams Of The Song Of Life leads a simple enough life, yet still pursues discovery in all forms. It fits in with their age, and now being away from the temple, giving them an opportunity to learn by themselves, as well as see all manner of activities take place that wouldn’t happen in the temple by itself. I enjoy the method of learning by simply observing and asking questions, without directly getting involved. I feel like Dreams has a lot of potential for possibly moving elsewhere in their job on the Aurora, assuming in their own story, their duty of growing more nymphs is covered.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I would say I am an 8/10. I can have my MRP moments as one does every now and again.

Phoenix is pretty good. Their characters are each different and all have flaws, and she acts accordingly. Her characters have emotions, and weaknesses, and are all realistic enough.

I was the Diona that was helping her nymph as well, and she did well, and anything she didn't understand about Dionae, she wanted clarified, so as to be as realistic as possible. I don't doubt her ability to properly play one, and she picks up on things quickly enough.

The backstory is good in my opinion; short but to the point. Plenty of room to develop and grow, as they interact with the station.

Thanks! Here goes.

I would say Song is a Harmonious, or perhaps a Singular. The gestalt works together to all contribute to their learning, and cooperate and coordinate with one another.

Song follows the Eternal, and for the most part the Orthodox sect. They don't have very strong feelings towards the Iron or Blood sect, but wouldn't be that interested in following them.

I definitely recommend digging a LITTLE more into the extremer side for the Eternal, if you're interested. It's vibrant and clear and benevolent in its hunger, and to have something that's so hungry be treated in a holy way can be very intriguing. Ofc I am an avid encourager of the more extremist roleplay groups that encourage their own uniqueness compared to other people on station, so this CAN be thrown out as an outlier suggestion.

also i am so tired while writing this, it might show.

i've liked your roleplay you've done with your characters and have interacted w/ your nymphs once or twice! you're also nice ? so I think you can def do it regardless of whatever i muttered out here

I dont really know much about Diona, but i do know that i played two shifts with Phoenix as a nymph, and each time they played a believable character that seemed believable and acted upon Diona (Dionaean?) standards

I apologise if this is too concise, i dont really know what else to say

12 hours ago, SleepyWolf said:

... recommend digging a LITTLE more into the extremer side for the Eternal, ...

Yeah, I'd definitely be down to do this, however for my first character I'd like to get comfortable in the species and with the better known parts of their culture so I can make sure I'm doing everything right. Definitely down the road though if this is accepted.

• Yonnimer changed the title to [Accepted]Jrphoenix303's Diona WL Application
  • Yonnimer locked this topic