CoffeeToffee - Command App

BYOND key: CoffeeToffee
Character names:

Spoiler

image.png.2d9ff9fbb6d6e53fb20efd678ade17c2.png

How long have you been playing on Aurora? 5ish months, and Ive been very active the last 2.
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they? I haven't received any official warnings that I can see on my end, but I have been bwoinked for a few small things. Ive never been banned or anything of the sort. I try my best not to make the same mistakes twice.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: They provide hierarchy that helps organize and lead the department, as well as opens up a lot of game mechanics such as expeditions for the RD, Blueprinting for the CE, and greater general access to the station among other things. They are also there to help any new players learn the department if they can. They also help further the round and story by using their ability to shift alert levels, contact centcomm, or enter higher-access areas like telecomms or the vault. A Head should generally be there to set a good example for other players. One other thing is that some threats to the station cant be effectively combated at all without command staff, such as raiders demanding stuff from the vault, or a stationwide crisis like cult/revolutionaries.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: As in the previous question, whitelist-ees should be model-players, and upkeep a good quality of RP. They should be quite active and interacting with the crew as much as they can to establish a presence on the station, so that they arent something akin to a xenobotanist locked away for the entire round. They are also responsible for helping further the stories and issues revolving around antagonists, without outright stomping them out of the round. They should instead think of non-destructive ways (if applicable) to help make the round fun and interesting for all parties. All in all theyre responsible for keeping the round fun and active. I personally love to do routine checkins with the departments as AI, and Im sure I could do the same for most heads, and captain. Beings seen and interacting with your department can really lighten up a long and uneventful round, especially if you are using the actions granted to you by your rank to help break up the monotony. As CE I could organize a remodeling effort with the engineers to spruce up the station, or hold a CPR/first aid course as CMO. I like to try and create opportunities for the crew to apply themselves and try something new.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? There is currently a Phoron shortage that is straining relations between the different factions. Several unsavory actors also vie for influence and resources, disrupting operations throughout tau ceti space. Nanotrasen currently holds domain over Tau-Ceti with strong ties in government that led to its independence from Sol, and they continue to manipulate and strongarm the colonies. Nanotrasen is currently trying to secure as many sources of phoron possible within Tau ceti to help relive the phoron crisis. It can make the job of a Captain, CE, or RD very strenuous as they have to both conserve and produce phoron while protecting the assets from outside threats. Nanotrasens actions will also affect them if they anger the wrong groups, causing potential war over the precious resource.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? I mainly want to try CE, CMO, and HoP I am planning on trying the others as well later on, such as Ta'Akaix'Vanusai Zo'ra, a hive represenative, though thats only after the trial period.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? I have.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.: Ji'Juun Xorujii, my skrell station engineer to be elevated to CE., and Bartholomew Grites, A human that I plan to write specifically for the position of CMO, and Paula Brixori, a human HoP.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action? I understand that I have to maintain a level of quality with my characters and behavior.

Extra notes:

Edited by CoffeeToffee
formatting got messed up, went back and fixed it manually

While I am not sure about these characters you plan to make into command as they either don't exist yet or I have not seen them personally, I do know that you are a wonderful RPer and would do wonderfully in this roll. I do have a question, do you plan to perhaps hold events as a HoP?

2 hours ago, Gr33d said:

While I am not sure about these characters you plan to make into command as they either don't exist yet or I have not seen them personally, I do know that you are a wonderful RPer and would do wonderfully in this roll. I do have a question, do you plan to perhaps hold events as a HoP?

If there are no pressing issues that need their attention, yes, I’d try and hold occasional parties or events for the crew and coordinate with the service and cargo department to prepare things like food, drink, seating, etc. Perhaps a pizza party, or a quiz night? Im sure they would also be taking care of visitors and giving them a tour of the station.

This guy? This guy! He's played Captain, he's played Chief engineer, both were thought out and reasonable characters and by god knew how to react logically, he has a firm grasp on Station Procedures, Corporate regulations, and knows the proper responses to ridiculous situations. Honestly this guy is great, I wasn't even a member of Security and was watching from Dchat and I felt that he knew so much, he held them to reasonable standards (they failed to meet) and punished them correctly, I think he makes a wonderful addition to Command Staff

Massive W for this homie. I met two of your characters and they were both wonderful.
Yesterday, I played Z-0009 as usual, and found a Chief Engineer that was capable, kind and even gave us a project to complete, right after teaching me quickly and well how to set up the Tesla engine. When chaos struck, as it eventually does, they kept the situation under control with multiple hull breaches and coordinated the other engineers efficiently and quickly. They struck the perfect balance of experience and knowing their stuff, but also leaving it to the newbies (me) and helping them improve along the way.

Top tier Chief Engineer and Engineer in general, top tier roleplayer.

• Shadow locked this topic