Multi-purpose gripper for Traitor/Hacked Borgs

Colfer

Traitor borgs suffer from being flashed, ioned, and one of the lower health pools in the game and do not get an indicator to what the traitor code words are, to compensate for this they do not feel pain or get stunned and have all access. However, I feel that traitor and hacked borgs could greatly benefit from having a multi-purpose gripper. It would allow them to do gimmicks and activities they normally couldn't, and more options are always better in my opinion. Such as being able to handcuff people instead of stunning them to the point of vomiting and heart failure as an engineering borg, or sedating them constantly as a mediborg

As it stands, borgs cannot restrain people when they are playing traitor, leading to killing, stunlocking, or trapping them being some of the only options. Atleast, they cannot restrain people to my knowledge, though im not sure how it would work with a multi-purpose gripper or if it would fail since it requires a better grip.

Edited by Colfer
Some missing weaknesses and benefits not highlighted in the suggestion are now there
  • 1 month later...

Another possible solution to the unable to restrain people is to give traitor 'borgs (Along with their other hacked items) cable cuffs, it would be flavorful to have robots use wires to restrain people and be more positive for roleplay/gameplay. The 'borg could actually make demands and stuff.

Please yes, I approve. Sec borgs could be absolutely terrific, but the other ones are pretty much useless, not really in their lack of directly "dangerous" abilities, and more about the lack tools do do anything interesting. I mean, yeah, sure, a medbot can "fuck up" a surgery, an engiebot can disassemble stuff, etc. But it's always VERY limited by their module. Universal grippers would not only add flexibility and make it interesting for the traitor in question, it would make dealing with them a bit more engaging, as they could prove to be a much more unpredictable threat.

+1

On 09/12/2021 at 07:40, Captain Gecko said:

Please yes, I approve. Sec borgs could be absolutely terrific, but the other ones are pretty much useless, not really in their lack of directly "dangerous" abilities, and more about the lack tools do do anything interesting. I mean, yeah, sure, a medbot can "fuck up" a surgery, an engiebot can disassemble stuff, etc. But it's always VERY limited by their module. Universal grippers would not only add flexibility and make it interesting for the traitor in question, it would make dealing with them a bit more engaging, as they could prove to be a much more unpredictable threat.

+1

We removed Security 'borgs and Combat 'borgs because they encouraged 'borgs to kill and/or interpret their laws to immediately rush into danger and destroy RP.

We can give the other modules tools to make them more dangerous, (Specifically traitor ones I mean) but on my watch, I will use every bit of clout possible to prevent Security or Combat 'borgs from ever returning.

Edited by Chada1