Connor's bug deputy application

Ckey/BYOND Username: Connorjg1

Position Being Applied For: Vaurca Deputy

Have you read the Lore Team Rules and Regulations wiki page?: Yep.

Past Experiences/Knowledge: Worked on Vaurca lore canon-applications in the past, wrote most of the Biesel Security Services Bureau and contributed significantly to the Hives Renaissance page.

Examples of Past Work: 

Biesel Security Services Bureau

https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Biesellite_Security_and_Law

Hives Renaissance

https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Hives_Renaissance

Neutron-forge canon app 

https://forums.aurorastation.org/topic/17154-minor-suggestion-tret-orbital-neutron-manufactory/#comment-157048

1: What would you like to see explored in Vaurca lore?:

Just generally, I would like to see a further exploration of Vaurca relations with the Spur, virtual-reality and some of the unique species traits that come with that, as well as changes to the Lii'dra invasion of Elyra and Tau Ceti to create an invasion that is both compelling and more believable.

2: Please provide a sample of a brand new Vaurca wiki page. The article's title and the starting paragraph will suffice: 

New Sedantis 

New Sedantis is a Vaurca megalopolis on Caprice and the de facto capital of Hive Zo'ra. Stretching for kilometres beneath the surface of the inhospitable planet, this massive towering city was officially declared completed and opened in 2462, although extensive construction is still ongoing. Currently, it is comfortably capable of holding hundreds of thousands of Vaurca, with this number expected to increase dramatically as these further expansions are completed. This undertaking was only able to be completed so quickly in part due to extensive assistance from the Stellar Corporate Conglomerate, in exchange for Vaurca labour and technology. It was the first city constructed by Vaurca after their arrival in Tau Ceti to emulate the original Zo'rane architectural style common on Sedantis, which is uniquely suited to withstanding the difficult environmental conditions of Caprice, and it is from the massive court chambers at the centre that the Court of Queen's coordinates diplomacy between the Vaurca hives.

In contrast to traditional Vaurca cities and despite vocal complaints from Queen Zoleth, only certain districts have been cordoned off and maintain a phoron rich atmosphere, allowing a Vaurca to breathe without the use of a filterport. This measure is said to have been implemented both to save Phoron and to facilitate ease of access for Tau Ceti and SCC diplomatic staff. There are rumours circulating on the extranet that the city may be opened for large-scale tourism in the future, but this has yet to be confirmed. 

Edited by Connorjg1

Hi there, just a couple of questions. 

1. If you had free reign to do anything in lore, hypothetically, what would you wish to pursue?

2. The duties and obligations of a CCIAA can sometimes clash with Lore. Do you think you'll be able to uphold both your positions should you become a Deputy Vaurca Lore Writer? 

3. You've mentioned plans for Lii'dra during your previous application. Do you still plan to pursue these? 

4. Do you mind writing an additional piece of lore regarding the above? You mentioned expanding on what makes a 'Warrior a Warrior'. 

Goodluck. There are no wrong answers. 

2 hours ago, Caelphon said:

Hi there, just a couple of questions. 

Goodluck. There are no wrong answers. 

1. If you had free reign to do anything in lore, hypothetically, what would you wish to pursue?:

If I had complete control over the server, I would likely shift it away from a primarily corporate-dominated setting, but it would take some serious thought to figure out how to do so while still having a server that was fun to play on and easy to make characters in. If it was centered around Vaurca, I have to echo what I said in my previous application (such as expansion of interspecies relationships and expansion of the Vaurca military).

2. The duties and obligations of a CCIAA can sometimes clash with Lore. Do you think you'll be able to uphold both your positions should you become a Deputy Vaurca Lore Writer?:

I'm confident I will. In the event I discovered I was incapable of doing so I'd be more than willing to retire one position. 

3. You've mentioned plans for Lii'dra during your previous application. Do you still plan to pursue these?: 

I do. Both myself and Desven concur that the Lii'dra invasions of both Elyra and Tau Ceti could be adjusted to be better than they are currently. Lii'dra are an interesting piece of lore and act as a "villain" faction of the setting, but that doesn't mean they should go about their goals in a way that looks ridiculous or silly. (An example being the Lii'dra Queen that was captured because she was left practically undefended on a planet).

4. Do you mind writing an additional piece of lore regarding the above? You mentioned expanding on what makes a 'Warrior a Warrior':

My first idea was to make a general Vaurca military page to expand on concepts such as the Prime Means, general warrior culture, waforms, and details like warriors within the respective host militaries. I've written a bit about Zo'ra in the TCFL already, which I've included below. (I'd also like to expand on K'lax in the hegemony and C'thur in the Quakla, although C'thur is in a better place lore wise in that respect). Warriors make up a significant portion of the Vaurca on station and since they're an entire subspecies which is very ingrained into Vaurca culture, I feel it's important they get some more "general" lore representation then just what is on the brood pages.

Vaurca have been an almost inseparable part of the Tau Ceti Foreign Legion since not long after Hive Zo'ra first met the fledgling republic. Enlistment was both a natural fit for the mainly unemployed warrior population of Zoleth and a place to utilize her bound warriors which hadn't been culled. Many of the initial Za population struggled at first to understand fundamental military concepts such as taking orders from people outside of the Queens and ideas such as space piracy were almost completely alien. However, this initial jump in training didn't take long to be resolved by new VR training regimes put into place by Zoleth with the support of Tau Ceti authorities. It is these that helped turn her brood into the fierce and efficient Legionaries they are known as being today.

In the years since the initial wave of enlistment the portion of Vaurca in the Foreign Legion has only swelled, with Zo’rane warriors now making up almost half of the total fighting force of volunteers; and following a wave of political deals between the Hive and the Republic shortly after their arrival, a significant portion of funding for the Legion comes directly from the Hive with the Foreign Legion sometimes integrating Zo'rane weapon technology, albeit the least impressive kind. It is from these deals that the TCFL's design for the more efficient energy knife first arose, replacing the original Solarian model that was in common usage.

A small portion of these peacekeepers would later come from other hives that discovered themselves in Biesel, primarily Vytel warriors who found the Legion lined up better with the Prime Means then joining an EPMC and Vehdra's brood who believed it was in a better position to defeat the Lii'dra than the Hegemony, but they remain rare.