Character Name(s):

Suvek Tokash, Head of Security
    Nia, Engineer
    Lesar Isk, Security Officer
    Azshran Ixuun, Shaman

AI Name(s): NA

Discord username + tag: Evandorf#1890

Timezone: US CST

When are you on Aurora?: After work between 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM on weekdays and periodically throughout the day on the weekend.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:

Approximately eight years.

How long have you played on Aurora:

Approximately seven years.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

Very familiar with most game mechanics. Weakest areas would be medical but I can find information if needed or at worst dig through git to get close.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

I moderated on Aurora for about 9 months back in 2019 but stepped down due to not having time to devote to moderating or the game itself due to personal issues.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: 

Yes, although I still think I have room to grow and learn.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

No.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

Originally I started playing SS13 for the simulator aspect of the game. I loved the complexity and the verisimilitude, especially with well maintained servers. More recently I've come to appreciate the roleplay aspect more. I've gotten a bit more chill and just enjoy engaging with other people and learning about their characters.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

The atmosphere and vibe has always been welcoming to me. There are several other well maintained servers I could play on but Aurora has a dedication to keeping the world alive and an interesting place to work and the players I engage with are usually amicable, responsive, and willing to engage.

What do moderators do?:

They respond to player concerns and complaints. They make sure that the rules are observed and mediate if necessary. They help new players acclimate to the server and ensure it's a safe space for people to enjoy.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

Moderating on this server includes all of the above answer, but also being able to foster the good nature of the community itself. Staying up to date on lore, keeping a positive and courteous attitude, and basically just trying to help make the server the kind of place you want to hang out.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I've recently come back to playing on the server from a hiatus and saw that moderators were needed. I'd like to help out in anyway I can, even if it's just being present for a few hours during the slower parts of the night.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

My better qualities are patience and persistence. I want to do the right thing and make the right decision, even if that takes time to sort through the noise and find the problems at the heart of an issue.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

I believe I handle them very well. I have probably just as much stress as anyone else but I've learned to identify it and make sure to address it. I try to handle anger and insults without ego, attempting to view people's actions in the best possible light but also setting boundaries that ensure I'm doing the best thing for myself and other players.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

While completing this application it's caused me to reflect on the years I've spent on this server and the changes I've seen it go through. I believe it's an excellent community and really provides a unique experience and I want to help it continue to do so.

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • ReadThisNamePlz changed the title to [On-Trial] Evandorf - Moderator Application
  • 2 weeks later...