Fluffyghost - Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: fluffyghost

Character Name(s): 

eVSBjru.png

AI Name(s): CyAO

Timezone: I am currently in UTC+1 (ETC/Rome), but follow the US clock often, both for work and leisure (02.00 - 9.00 UTC)

When are you on Aurora?: Generally, from around 10 UTC onwards

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: I think it's around a year by now, give or take

How long have you played on Aurora: We're approaching half a year, due next month

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Depends in which specific area, in some a fair bunch, others I still have to touch them

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No, never moderated an SS13 server before

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes, for the most part

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Never been banned

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: For the cooperative, players-driven, community-driven spess-game and the funzies that come from that

Why do you play on Aurora?: The roleplay aspect is intriguing and greatly aids the above, as well as narrating an interesting story, when you don't have to worry about Mr Pickle the clown that for some reason was hired aboard a space station ship with a lube tube making you fly out of an emagged airlock because why not

What do moderators do?: Moderators enforce the rules and spirit of the game, ensuring everything remains in the acceptable boundaries and the beforementioned scenario can happen (well, if we had clowns, which we don't) but only once, as the shitter would be booted soon after

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means to apply the rules, in a respectful manner, while not only interpreting how they are written, but what's the reason they are there, conceding on minor ones if said option is a net positive for the spirit of the server, or curb things that toeline the rules if they result in a net negative of the beforementioned

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I was thinking for a little bit to join effort with the staff in moving us forward and mantain this place at the best shape it possibly can, I already develop for the server (with varying degrees of UA), ahelp the griefers/shitters/oopsies, so after reading the call for more hands on deck of Read, I thought "why not"

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I believe to be fairly grounded and have a wide perspective on most topics, I also like to watch debates (and have partecipated in some), so I am frequently exposed to various people arguing different and opposing views of the same point, have moderated a bunch of them, I also studied law for two years, run or helped run various other communities on different areas, tend to hold no grudges and find the fun thing in everything I can, it's very hard to anger or offend me in any meaningful sense.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Very well, I would say, insults do not really touch me and it's very hard to anger me in any meaningful sense.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

No, but if you have any question, feel free to ask!

Now for the funzies:

TkNFZ9Q.png

I'd like to say Fluffy is one of the more quickly improving players I've seen on Aurora. Generally receptive to feedback, a visible interest in becoming involved in the community and an active contributor on the GitHub. On a more critical note, I would like to see some more work into improving grammar/sentence structure - but that can take someone a while and it does seem that you've been trying to improve on that front! Still, it's worth mention given clear communication is a significant requirement for any 'front-facing' staff such as those involved in moderation.

I would like to give this a +1 due to a generally positive trend of recent and long-term OOC behaviours I've seen, but I'll be fair and say that due to my own business I haven't been as active in-game as I'd like during the past month enough to see how your behaviour has been there as of late - so my feedback can be taken with a grain of salt due to that.

Good evening. 

Thank you for your patience. After careful consideration, the trial team has decided to deny your application. The time you took to create the application and the time you spent in the interview process is greatly appreciated. 

DM me on discord if you have any further questions.