Infected IPC Spawns 🤖

goolie

There was a big discussion in the discord about how a lot of the simple mob IPCs on the Konyang maps are just being gunned down because they're on the same code as space carp or reavers (run at you until dead) and how people who are visiting the maps should restrain themselves to fleeing or only killing them if necessary. The problem is that because they're running on mob code, it's kind of hard to have any sense of restraint because they just rush at you. If we added spawners for playing infected IPCs, it would make for some fun RP (I think...) and also help people incapacitate them instead of just gunning them down.

• Like 4

Hello i am decided.

Gloopy is right, it would be more fun if players could also join as infected. This would need more moderation, and joining as infected and trying to pull a 'im a good guy really' would be a nono imo, but it would be very fun to make the surface of the konyang wilderness a kind of 'pvp zone' where RP and more violent actions happen within reason. It's been a driving aspect in the fun we've had on Konyang so far, with the pirate groups players can sometimes join as down there.

• Like 1

I generally agree with this, too. Having players in control of some of the infected IPCs would help to stave the "it rushes me with murderous intent so I have to kill it" and might even give more of a disturbing atmosphere if one of the IPCs just stops and stares at you.

Obviously though this might have some added issue if there's something to the infection that we don't yet know about that the Synth team isn't wanting to disclose that may make playing as the infected IPCs themselves a difficult thing to fulfill properly.

Another option, though one that would require a bit more code work, is to have the infected IPCs not always be aggressive but instead have some more dynamic behavior of either acting oblivious/passive or just emoting to stop and stare at people who wander by. And in some cases they do just charge, or charge from their passive states.

But that's all assuming that mindless and violent isn't the intention of the Synth team with how the infected act.

• Like 1

I agree, although if making infected IPCs player controlled is out of the question, it would be best to at least reduce their movement speed so you can outrun them since rn they are faster than even non infected IPC characters

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Fluffy locked this topic