Feedback thread for Bluesec

Guest SoundScopes

Hats. And jackets would be nice - though I'd personally prefer that players have to choose between style and function to a degree (that is - no more warden/HoS hats with arbitrarily high armor values; they can pick up a helmet if they want their head to be protected.)

Edit: The warden hat looks atrocious to me.

While I love the base aesthetic, I feel like there's still a lot of work to be done before it's spot on. Duty jackets, more hats/caps. Dress shoes. Maybe better/different gas masks for the helmets. Not like- the security half-masks, but like- something like the adv. gas masks. Something that makes them look more corpsec. That's just a thought though. Definitely unify the sec hardsuit colour scheme to the same sorta blue. Maybe give them a bit more of a buff, because ATM they're woefully underpowered. :')

Overall, it's something that sets the tone of sec away from the traditional "OMG REDSHITS ENGAGE WOW WORST." And I love it.

From an OOC standpoint, It would be nice to have a second uniform and the corporate security hat. It would be nice to have the uniform and the tie be separate objects in the locker as well as some nicer Head of Security and Warden hats.

From an IC standpoint, the constricting dress uniform and hats that date back to the 1800's would get in the way of most security activities. For an organization that almost exclusively uses jumpsuits to clothe their workers, it's odd that the team that would need flexible clothing the most would get stuck with dress clothes.

I really don't care much for blue Security. I miss the old red colors. Helped the department stand out more in my opinion.

I still maintain that the floor tiles should be a darker blue and not command-cyan.

A quick mockup, for example.

How it currently is:

sxEOB5d.jpg

How I would envision it:

Uqhe4gY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents - France's colors are good, but I feel like the color scheme already has a lot of blue. I think some things (vents, comms maybe?, or other departments that are blue) could use re-coloring as well.

Also the glass. The current glass just... irks me on a deep, instinctive level.

I'd love to see more color-coding, too. Like, departments color coded even if they're civilian departments.

So hey, you know how we don't have blue secborgs yet?

eae6358e06.png

It looks to me like there's already a partial sprite in the code at least, in the form of the statues at the wizard den. I think these would be a pretty good additional option for secborgs.

• 2 weeks later...