Player complaint - goolies

BYOND Key: ASmallCuteCat
Game ID: Happened in the discord, starting from here https://discord.com/channels/157516682288562176/157531783779319808/1294116428118626396
Player Byond Key/Character name: goolies
Staff involved: None
Reason for complaint: Jasorn posted a screenshot of someone eating Ginny ingame and tagged me with it out of the blue. I'm not entirely sure why, I didn't find it particularly amusing and I stated that outright. Goolies cut in with the comments "It's a joke!" and "I think it's funny" and, when I said that I found it disturbing and upsetting, doubled down on their position.
Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? No. First off, this took place in Discord. Second, I have had issues in the past with this player's behavior towards me, and the last time something happened I brought it to server staff and was told to make a player complaint on the forums.
Approximate Date/Time: October 10, 2024, 10:05 PM EST

Quick edit - For the record, I'm not expecting any action taken now. I am following the advice given to me by server staff after the previous incident, and I'd like there to be an official record of this behavior in case there is a next time.

Edited by ASmallCuteCat
oops

Not sure what you want me to say? LOL It was a funny screenshot, from a funny cult round. Unathi ate the carp! I can’t really be sympathetic, when you got so rude and accusatory to Jasorn and me over some red text from the game. 

image.png

Edited by goolie
  • Like 5
7 hours ago, Lmwevil said:

Please follow the full format and put your ckey in the complaint section. 

Also to be clear this is a complaint about Goolies and not Jasorn who originally pinged you? 

Oops, knew I forgot something.

As for the second question - yes, I think so? This is not the first time I've had issues with Goolies' behavior, and not the first time I've brought it to staff attention. I didn't want to make two separate threads for the same issue, and I imagine since Jasorn is a moderator I would've had to post it in staff complaints. I was very taken aback by Jasorn tagging me with  that, and it's not something I'd expected from him, but... eh. I think I already made it explicitly clear that I don't find this funny in any way.

I don’t want to sound dismissive of your issues you have with me but, I don’t actually know who you even are? I’m pretty approachable and like to think I’m a regular in the community so you could have come spoken to me or Jasorn. Probably better than comparing text screenshots from the game to disturbing content.

• Like 3

To preface this, it's fine to not want to be pinged with this. I'm sure Jasorn wouldn't do this again seeing as you said you don't like it. The Discord is a public space however and while not all things fly there, we don't really see the post about the baby carp as anything more than a joke. Saying again, it's fine to not like it still but this is not actionable in a complaint, it does not appear that anyone was out to make you upset. You can use Discord's block function if you don't want to see someone else's posts.

If you believe any community members are harassing you, please make a complaint and with evidence of this behaviour. 

However please note that we take harrassment claims very seriously, and it takes quite a bit of work on our end to handle them. If your complaint is over something as immaterial as this again we urge you to instead use the block function. False harrassment complaints can result in you being punished.