Social Experimept about Bald crewmembers

PoZe

Alright. I have made some experiment about How people react on Baldie non-flavor text characters. What have I figure out: I am Whitelisted player, with Head Acceess, but seems that people are perfer to interact with only chars whome the knew. I was Insulted by my own team(I was security officer). After some silly answer that I made to look for the Reaction I was force-demoted for no Reason By HOS Marco Farerra. When I was talking with him about reasons why and trying to prove that Security were insulting:

Attimus Vin'Drahl [security] says, "You're jussst a fesstering pile of incompetence, aren't you, Bennett."

Marco Farerra [security] says, "Rocco Bennett, we don't need you acting a fool."

Marco Farerra [security] asks, "Do you understand me?" Rocco Bennett

[security] asks, "Gravity Genetrator SMES thing is not blinking, it should blink, yes?"

Attimus Vin'Drahl [security] says, "At thisss point, I conssider everything coming out of Bennett'sss mouth horsse shit."

Marco Farerra [security] says, "Rocco report to the Head of Personnel desk."

I am Rocco Bennett, by the way.

HOS refused to listed and just said:

Rocco Bennett says, "Here, sir"

Marco Farerra says, "We can't handle this, what you're doing."

Rocco Bennett says, "I was looking at the cameras"

Marco Farerra says, "You're taunting and bothering your squadmates."

Marco Farerra says, "Hand over your ID."

Rocco Bennett asks, "YOu cannot handle with looking at the cameras?"

Rocco Bennett asks, "Me?"

Marco Farerra says, "Furthermore, turn in your gear at the front desk in security."

Marco Farerra says, "Yes."

Rocco Bennett exclaims, "What?!"

Rocco Bennett step back

Rocco Bennett asks, "Are you kidding me?"

Marco Farerra asks, "Do I look like I'm kidding, son?"

Rocco Bennett asks, "Saying that infront of IAA office?"

Marco Farerra says, "Yeah. Hand over your ID or I take it from you."

Rocco Bennett says, "State the reason"

Rocco Bennett says, "Or i will write teh fucking report"

Marco Farerra says, "You're acting unbecoming of an officer whilst we have a duty officer on station. We need prime professionalism and you're not showing it."

Rocco Bennett says, "Demoting without the reason is not what NT offered me at my Contract"

Rocco Bennett says, "That Unathi start to insult me first"

Marco Farerra [security] says, "Fuck it. Set Rocco to arrest."

Marco Farerra [security] says, "He's refusing to comply with a direct order."

After that I though to came to IAA for that. But as I assume he will refuse for making a report from the Baldie and here it is:

Rocco Bennett asks, "Do you have some time?"

M'rychny Lyar says, "Not forrr you."

Rocco Bennett asks, "..Why?"

M'rychny Lyar says, "Yourrr currrent issue with the Commanderrr isn't something I can help with."

Rocco Bennett says, "Hello"

Rocco Bennett says, "I want to write a report"

Rocco Bennett asks, "Do you have some time?"

M'rychny Lyar says, "Not forrr you."

Rocco Bennett asks, "..Why?"

M'rychny Lyar says, "Yourrr currrent issue with the Commanderrr isn't something I can help with."

Going to need some context of what happened before that.

That

After some silly answer that I made to look for the Reaction
is probably going to be the main proof of why your demotion was justified or not. Do you have logs of what you said beforehand?
Going to need some context of what happened before that.

That

After some silly answer that I made to look for the Reaction
is probably going to be the main proof of why your demotion was justified or not. Do you have logs of what you said beforehand?

I don't have Logs of that right now, but it was just about "There is some thing that is looks like a water tank with light at the Gravity generator and it's not blinking" and "Where is briefing room?" or "How to interrogate someone?" Nothing serious.

Guest Menown

He was causing constant issues with the Unathi. Arguing back and forth. When told to stop, he didn't so the HoS ordered his demotion (with the acceptance of the Captain, I believe.)

We were having an inspection with a DO aboard, and ended up going into Code Blue over threats and a possible kidnapping. The last thing that was needed was somebody fucking around and spreading distention among the security force through arguments.

TL;DR, When told to stop by your Head of Staff, stop. Don't argue with them. Don't claim they're demoting you because you're 'bald'. It's a dumb excuse, and you know it.

He was causing constant issues with the Unathi. Arguing back and forth. When told to stop, he didn't so the HoS ordered his demotion (with the acceptance of the Captain, I believe.)

We were having an inspection with a DO aboard, and ended up going into Code Blue over threats and a possible kidnapping. The last thing that was needed was somebody fucking around and spreading distention among the security force through arguments.

TL;DR, When told to stop by your Head of Staff, stop. Don't argue with them. Don't claim they're demoting you because you're 'bald'. It's a dumb excuse, and you know it.

As the DO who was listening in on all channels as this was happening, I can confirm the above.

Seems there was a good reason for the demotion. A lot of people seem to think that insubordination and general unprofessionalism can't get you demoted, suspended, or fired. I've gotten quite a bit of flak for it as a head of personnel or chief medical officer but I assure you if you show no intent to improve it is a solid grounds for the aforementioned punishments.

See the above three posts.

The HoS was within their rights to demote you for acting stupid.

Balds, people with or without hair or extensive backgrounds/character history with others, are not exempt from getting their ass kicked to the curb by their boss.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

"Pointing out the problem" is pointless. It's been done before. All that is going to happen is that everyone argues in this thread and we end up butthurt until we forget about it and some new 'experiment' happens.

Make a character complaint, because otherwise this is just baiting arguments and accomplishes nothing but increasing post counts and blood pressure.

Well look at this, there was only 2 respond when I posted that and went to sleep, when I Waked up there seems that meowy wrote something disregarding me and the others agreed without being involed. Alrigth I will make it clearly.

I was Bladie security officer that were behaving like a NEW player, as stereotyped. When I was noticed by my team? - When We had an explosion at the bar, we went to look at it, Unathi asked some people about who the last were there and he has found out that it was an assistant and Cook. Of course after they heard about it they start to run throught hallwyas trying to find them, what I did? - Just like... slowpoke were still standing at the bar and eventually assistant and Cook came by themselfs to me. I have reported their location and asked what to do. Hos Told me to make them a question on which I asked How to ask the question(which seems to be normal for player who doesn't know game to much) - From that phrase all begun: Unathi start to insult me on being new I was answering to him back.

So my POINT is that if I were new guy that seriously doesn't know what to do you would rather just demoted me or get me into cell, ect.. But not try to help with.

Guest Menown

PoZe, I don't ever say /anything/ on the security comms. All of the active security whenever I'm playing can confirm that.

You weren't demoted because you were new. You were demoted because you were given an order to stop arguing with /EVERYBODY/ and you refused it. It doesn't matter if there's even a reason behind your demotion. The HoS can order it at any time.

PoZe, I don't ever say /anything/ on the security comms. All of the active security whenever I'm playing can confirm that.

You weren't demoted because you were new. You were demoted because you were given an order to stop arguing with /EVERYBODY/ and you refused it. It doesn't matter if there's even a reason behind your demotion. The HoS can order it at any time.

I don't know who you were Meowy. But that is typical problem that I have seen with new player: they cannot do shit, nobody tried to help to them, they start to arguiming with everyone because of that.

What was the arguiming by the way? About SMES? I asked why the fuck it's not switched to charge but I just rephrase that I don't even know what in that room is a SMES. Give me the example of other arguiming please.

One potential point for contention and review:

Being new has nothing to do with lacking the ability to communicate. If you seriously represent a new guy by, from what I'm seeing, nerfing your ability to actually comprehend and read, then you are basically saying that everyone new is pants-on-head dumb. Which, having been a new player to this game roughly twice, I can say is not the case. While observing, I have seen plenty of new people get along just fine by following directive and instruction, because they listen. Sure, they might not know how to do what, or what what is, but they know that "Stop it" means "stop it." Or that "Go here" means "go here".

This experiment is flawed on one count: You are forcing yourself to behave as, you believe, a new guy behaves. Which may be completely erroneous and wrong. Were the scientific method to be used, this experiment would not pass, at all. A much more reliable example would be to just use a new ckey, a new/bald/whatever character, and act as you normally do.

Guest Menown

I don't have the logs, and you don't either.

If you didn't know what the SMES was, how would you know why it wasn't charging? Why would you even care? You even said yourself that you were intentionally doing this stuff to gain a reaction. Chucklefucks and trolls ingame usually get slapped, that's what happens. Even when you were being demoted. You choose to argue. You could have said you were sorry, it's your first day and were trying to learn how to do the job, but you didn't.

You accused the HoS of demoting you because you were bald, which told me and him, that you were a chucklefuck, looking for an excuse to gripe. That's why I didn't handle your case in Internal Affairs, because you didn't have one.

Skull, I can agree with that. But the point was that normally I am friendly, I am rather lien to others then myself executing an orders, asking for help, etc. In that particular case I tried to behave the opposite side: Not Bing to much communicating, being stupid at some point, etc. What I was expecting to see? "LOOC X: You need to stop argue with HOS. Try to listen to the others" Or something else, it doesn't matter what phrase, point is to start talking not just Marco Farerra[security] says "Fuck it. Rocco is under arrest now"

Meowy I said literally " the huge thing that is look like a water thank with lights is not blinking, it should blink, right?"

Guest Menown

Poze, you were asked to stop ICly. Several times. You refused. It was handled ICly.

You're acknowledging it occurred ICly, given the fact you were fucking demoted.

Why it should be handled OOCly, is beyond me. I've never seen /new/ people act like how you did. I've sat for about an hour and a half teaching somebody how to play the game.

You acted like a chucklefuck, and were treated like one. New players don't go completely ignore every order given by their Head of Staff. And they certainly don't do, "My contract says I'm not to be terminated." That right there says you know what you're doing is shit, and you're trying to weasel your way out of punishment for your actions.

Meowy if you have never seen those people it doesn't mean they never exists. We have different timeline I am seen you before i am going to sleep, most of the time I am playing dead hour because I have GMT+2 a d I cannot play in midnight 3am when you are up. However my action were nothing serious: Was I running with taser, helmet or did I insulted HoS, unathi, anyone. Did is abused my power, did I resist to arrest, did I said "screw it". My behavior were completely normal. If you think that asking for reason of demotion or talk about that is chucklefuckin then you have wrong definition and you shouldn't play IAA. What I needed from you were /just/ to explain why and I would fuck off.

This conversation is completely pointless, people here are interacting /only/ with their metafriends. I will ask to close this thread I have seen enough.

Guest Menown

Poze, you went into this knowing you were acting like a common chucklefuck. You expected to act like you didn't know /anything/ about why you were here. You decided to argue with the security force over little things.

You were treated accordingly. Internal Affairs doesn't have to listen to you talk about being fired 'because you were bald.' I certainly didn't have to listen because I witnessed the whole thing, because you decided to do this in front of my office, thinking it'd be some form of safe-haven for you, which it wasn't.

Closing this thread as per request.

Personally, this is silly. People interacted with your character, and they reacted to your character's actions, regardless of whether or not you were new. They reacted as if you were any old player. Also, the point of requesting an LOOC comment on the matter is counter-intuitive: if you failed to listen to a direct order by a person who is OOCly made out to be your commanding officer, then why should they expect you to listen to their LOOC comments?

anyways, yeah, closing. If you're up for it, I can discuss this with you over BYOND or something.