Skrell Whitelist (Demonofthefall)

BYOND Key: Demonofthefall

Character Names:

Ava Kalashnikova - Surgeon/CMO (Human)

Vulcon Laz'a'rus - Security Officer/Warden (Unathi)

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Month or so

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I am looking to make a character who works in R&D and a Skrell would be best suited for it. The fact Skrells do not find any meaning for gender other than reproduction will offer a unique roleplaying experience and the Skrell biology and mechanics will be interesting to explore. Skrell views on gender and focus on expanding their own intelligence is something I wish to explore and will make for interesting roleplaying opportunities.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: The most noticeable difference between Humans and Skrell apart from the obvious biology is that gender holds little meaning other than reproduction and the relationships between Skrells is purely to further their race and to expand each others intellect. Skrell emotions are hard for other races to read and they have trouble expressing their emotions without the use of song or their native language. Things like petty insults, racism and drama seem to be below the Skrell.

Why does this species in particular hold your interest? Apart from the Skrell biology which is uniquely awesome I think it will be really cool to play as a Skrell as they have no interest in forming relationships around "love". Interaction with Humans and other aliens will offer a unique roleplaying experience and playing as a Skrell will create new roleplaying opportunities.

Character Name: Halifax Kazarian

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs Halifax was hatched on board her family owned research ship along with 67 other siblings but only 2 of them made it all the way to maturity. The Kazarian bloodline is notorious for laying large number of eggs with defects and no more than 3 rarely make it to maturity; something the Kazarian family research extensively to find a way to prevent. All personal on the ship are from the Kazarian bloodline and leadership falls to the eldest Skrell. The main function of the ship is to obtain life forms from other planets for study and also to provide housing for the Kazarian young until they are old enough to venture out on other endeavours. While living on the ship Halifax spent most of her time studying anatomy, robotics, science along with complex devices; usually aiding her siblings in the dissection of the life forms they obtained. The Kazarian family have a strong relationship with Nanotrasen sending them their most skilled children to work for them once they reach the age of 20, Halifax was one of the few sent to work for NT eventually finding work on the NSS Aurora.

Halifax would spend what little spare time she had studying music, both Skrell and other races. She is particularly interested in Human music and the history behind it. Before working for Nanotrasen she had never met a Human and decided to use the opportunity to study them more closely. Many people find Halifax's behaviour to be strange and invasive as she does not see them as her equal but as another life form to be studied. One of her main goals in studying Humans is that she hopes to obtain enough information to replicate their musical interments; something her family has little interest in and find as a waste of resources, forcing her to do so in secret.

What do you like about this character? She is very different compared the other characters I play, her invasiveness and the fact she tries to study Humans without their knowledge will also provide interesting roleplaying opportunities.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I think my ability to roleplay is good, depending on the given situation although my spelling and grammar could use some improvement. I think I will be able to roleplay as a Skrell quite well as I have done so quite a lot on other servers.

Notes: Thanks for reading ^_^

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

I made this post in your last thread and I'll do it again. You clearly reworked and expanded on your story, gave better reason for what you wanted to be AND I've had a blast roleplaying with you across a number of my different characters. There need to be more people aboard this station willing to say YES without letting people walk all over them and that's you.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this server would be better off with a character like this. A scientist dedicated to understanding their profession more AND takes an interest in the make-up of foreign species but at the same time subtly puts herself on a pedestal as "better" than them which may actually be warranted considering her knowledge of the species. I like it. I'd do it.

Two questions;

1. Is it wet?

2. How would it handle itself in an emergency situation considering, at least what I know of the race, they are total pacifists?

They aren't complete pacifists, they do have a military etc. I think you are thinking of Diona as they are mostly pacifists. In an emergency situation she would attempt to save herself above everything else and would avoid most conflict. She is all about self preservation and would flee at any sign of danger.