The lancer's head application

BYOND key:The lancer

Character names:Bob Jackson, Hercules Holmes, Kentigern Abeheitmeth.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:Since summer 2015.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:To have the opportunity to play as a head.

Why did you come to Aurora?:I Was told it was a heavy roleplay server with action, so I tried it out.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?:Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplaying is the act of playing as a character, without taking into account your own prefrences, knowledge or traits, but only your character's. Roleplayers should not focus on "winning the game" but to have fun, while making others have a fun time as well.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

A head of staff is supposed to be an experienced roleplayer that should also assist new players with learning the game, mechanics and his department's job and generally be an example to be followed. Heads of staff could also assist in rounds when they are needed, to organise a department when needed in some gamemodes(i.e. Head of Security during Nuke ops round).

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

Whitelisted players should always maintain character, have a well rounded sense of roleplay and actually roleplay on a higher standard than the newer players, as well as to teach the newcomers about the IC features regarding game mechanics and jobs. To uphold these responsibilities, I will always do my best to assist people in need of help regarding rp and enhancing other people's time by maintaining character and high rp standards.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Hercules Holmes

Character age: 45

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Hercules Holmes, was born in an average family in Biesel. He went to school as every other child, without standing out that much. In his free time, he would meet with his friends and do things together, going on walks or playing games. Years passed and Hercules went into high school, spending his time studying and such, until one day, he happened to pass by an alley on his way home, where a violent crime had taken place. He observed the policemen and the investigators, and was inspired, so much that he then made a descision which would determine his career, his career in the criminal investigations branch of the police.

Years passed, and time to choose between further education or entering the job market came. Herules had already made his mind up and applied to enter the Biesel forensics and investigations academy. There, he met with others that shared the same interest with him thus, making him love his new academy and opening up opportunities for new friends. After graduating with a Master's degree, he immediately enlisted in the police, where he was employed as a detective. After some time, he ranked up to reach a position of the chief. The concept of leading investigations and telling others what to do was very appealing to him. Though happy with his job and colleagues, Hercules wanted to explore a whole new aspect of the world, space, and decided to sign a contract with Nano Trasen, where they took him as a detective/forensics technician.

What do you like about this character?: I like that he is a calm person in general, friendly and that he respects authority and colleagues. I also really like his style :P

What do you dislike about this character?: He can sometimes be driven into an awkward position, where he can't find the appropriate words to express himself and feelings.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: His experience allows him to lead a team,

he knows space law as well as security procedures.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: An 8

Extra notes: -

• 2 weeks later...

Application Denied. However, please don't let this discourage you from applying in the future. If you'd like to know the reasons behind this, please PM Garnascus and TishinaStalker. It's recommended you contact us, and allow us to offer explanations and hopefully help you in learning from the reasons for this denial before putting in another application.