Mrkadoodle Head of Staff whitelist request

BYOND key:Mrkadoodle

Character names: David Mann, Steven Mann

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:At least a week

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:I would like to have a character who is more specific when it comes to roles.

Why did you come to Aurora?:Because I like RP

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes I have.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:Getting immersed in the game and acting like your character for fun.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:To set a good example to newer players and show that the server is good at RP and to keep the department organised. You should also be mature, don't meta game and just generally make the game more fun for others.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:To set a good example to newer players and show that the server is good at RP. Also to keep the department organised.

Character name:Steven Mann

Character age:39

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):Steven Mann was born in London. During his early years Steven's mother suffered from a dangerous illness which left her in hospital. Due to him being part of a wealthy family he was taught by a Skrell private tutor who was renowned for his outstanding teaching ability. From an early age Steven was interested in medicine and biology and therefore concentrated most during lessons about biology. His interest in biology came from seeing the doctors treat his mother and save people's lives.

When he was old enough he went to university to continue study biology and medicine. While at university he wasn't really social and only had a few friends and generally avoided going to parties however he did like to make people laugh and didn't like seeing people feel sad. After he graduated university he spent six years in medical school and was the best by far. He applied for a job at the hospital that treated his mother was hired. As he worked at the hospital his medical skills only got better.

He became well known in the hospital because of his skill and his ability to make the patients happy because of his optimistic attitude and his good sense of humour.

What do you like about this character?:sense of humour and caring nature.

What do you dislike about this character?:His lack of hair. He can also sometimes be annoyingly optimistic.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:He can keep people's spirits high with his optimistic attitude but knows when to act seriously.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I think I am ok at roleplay. I know when to be serious and I know to keep in character and not to do something that my character wouldn't do. My character who has a friendly disposition wouldn't just suddenly be extremely aggressive towards another crew member (unless RP demanded it).

Extra notes: Don't really have any. Except for that one.

Alright so, from what I could tell, your application struck me as being too short. When you were describing what roleplay means and what the OOC responsibilities of Heads of Staff are I think you could have added a few more sentences. The backstory of Steven Mann seems very bland to me. One issue that I did see with it was that he was from Earth but also a wealthy family. How I would see it, Luna seems like a better place for the wealthy families to be from. The Loremaster, Senpai Jackboot said this a few times (Not sure if ever in an official post) that Luna would be a 7/10 compared to Earth being a 5/10. Not too good or not too bad. While, this doesn't make or break your whitelist I think it would help make your character better. At least in my opinion.

I cannot really make a vote on this yet since I haven't seen your characters ingame as of yet. I don't really see an issue with Steven Mann being a more of a nice person overall. If I see that your roleplay is fine, I will give your my approval. Already leaning towards a +1 but not yet.

Mrk played as the malf AI in a recent malf round, and they had almost 0 interaction with the crew prior to going full murder-takeover rampage, shocking doors, and ordering the borgs to kill anyone who was aggressive. If that's the kind of roleplay ability that Mrk has, then I do not feel comfortable with them holding a whitelist.

After experiencing your round today, most players and staffs were dissatisfied with your roleplay. I, too, got butthurt.

• As a Malfunction Artificial Intelligence, did nothing for 1.7 house followed up by murder-death killed. You did not portray to build up RP in any manner. Afterwards, you were banned.
  • Smiley Faces over Radio Comms.
  • Constant uses of Brackets over Radio Comms.
  • I don't mean to look at you as if you were new, but you seem as a person who hops around SS13 servers.

Sorry. -1

Alright I see now what I did wrong. I am truly sorry for that ai round, I didn't know I was doing that badly. Also I only just heard about being banned. How long is the ban?

Anyway I don't blame you guys for not wanting me as a head. I really didn't do well in that malf round and should have interacted with the crew more and I shouldn't have just suddenly started murderboning everyone.

Alright I see now what I did wrong. I am truly sorry for that ai round, I didn't know I was doing that badly. Also I only just heard about being banned. How long is the ban?

Anyway I don't blame you guys for not wanting me as a head. I really didn't do well in that malf round and should have interacted with the crew more and I shouldn't have just suddenly started murderboning everyone.

Well, if it was a server ban, if you attempt to log in I believe it tells you the length and reason of the ban. If it was just an AI ban, I am not sure how they work but I would PM an Admin or Moderator.

After experiencing your round today, most players and staffs were dissatisfied with your roleplay. I, too, got butthurt.

• As a Malfunction Artificial Intelligence, did nothing for 1.7 house followed up by murder-death killed. You did not portray to build up RP in any manner. Afterwards, you were banned.
  • Smiley Faces over Radio Comms.
  • Constant uses of Brackets over Radio Comms.
  • I don't mean to look at you as if you were new, but you seem as a person who hops around SS13 servers.

Sorry. -1

Was he HAL 9000? If so, I also -1. The borgs tried to make things interesting, I think, but I spent an hour and a half trying to get the AI go respond, and it didn't. It said one sentence when I joined, and nothing for the entire rest of the round until a surprise take over at the two hour mark, during which the station was vented of air, people were door crushed, and doors everywhere were electrified. I had even begun telling peple not to try to ask the AI for anything, since ICly I became convinced it was just plain inactive, and OCCly convinced it was AFK.I was certainly quite salty. Now, that isn't to say the situation can't improve. You're new and made new mistakes, and I'm sure that overtime you can really mature and improve your role-playing. After all, I was three day banned on my first day and now have a head whitelist. Just give it some time, work on your abilities, hone your skills and build some positive reputation, then try again later.

And if this wasn't you, then never mind my whole post and change my -1 to a no vote.

Edited by Guest
I can't log in right now. Also does the whole malf thing mean its unlikely that I will be able to get whitelisted in the future?

Not necessarily. If you continue to learn from how your behavior was wrong for a High-Roleplay server and attempt to improve your ability, I am sure EVENTUALLY people will support you. You are relatively new to the server but if you try to give a good impression to the other players both ICly and OOCly you will get it. It all depends on your willingness to change how you play for it to be appropriate for this type of server.

I played as the Borg EVELYN during the "infamous" malf round, and was present from the start.

For me, what was lacking was communication. We barely ever heard from you unless we repeatedly prompted, and were told to chill out and work like normal for an indeterminate amount of time. When the crew started getting majorly suspicious, we were given relatively vague orders of aggression as the station descended into chaos. I did what I could to make the round entertaining for as many as I could, but it's difficult as a Borg with little direction. I have no doubt that you meant well and may personally have been enjoying it, but I feel as though you may have been "too" goal-oriented, to the exclusion of other parts, whereas roleplaying centers on communicating and entertaining everyone involved. That includes enemies, most of whom believed it was extended until rooms started venting.

As a Head of Staff you are required not only to communicate effectively but to be the player that others aspire to be. I do not think you meet those standards yet, and for that reason I'm giving you a -1 today. With more experience under your role I would be happy to alter my vote in the future. Right now, I don't think you're ready.

I hope you will stay on with us and aim to improve, rather than reflecting negatively on it.

-Enzayne

• 3 weeks later...

Application Denied. However, please don't let this discourage you from applying in the future. If you'd like to know the reasons behind this, please PM Garnascus and TishinaStalker. It's recommended you contact us, and allow us to offer explanations and hopefully help you in learning from the reasons for this denial before putting in another application