Change Asteroid Ore Spawn.

canon35

So, after a little ghosting and OOC detectivework, I found out Baycode toned down ore spawning to the point where it's literally useless to hand mine and you have to use the godamn drills. And, of course, the old asteroid rooms were removed. What I suggest is 2 things.

1. Restore asteroid ore spawning to it's former glory, before the code switch.

2. Bring back the asteroid rooms and their treasures within.

Keep in mind that mining has an industrial hardsuit with a diamond drill on it. That can immensly improve your mining speed. I've been using hand mining as a way to quickly fill specific requests that the drills haven't successfully filled yet.

If this were to be done, I would request that the drills be left as powerful as they are. Even with bad rng on the mineral levels it only takes twenty to thirty minutes to get 50 sheets of everything except diamond and metal.

I really don't like Mining as it is currently. I thought the reason that Nanotrasen had the asteroid in the first place was that it was rich in plasma and many other materials. That was why a research station was built so close to it.

Right now, it is pretty annoying to play Mining as all you do is just put the drills on and spend an hour wandering around the asteroid finding barely anything. Definitely support adding more ores and those random boxes.

As someone who hates miner, but often plays roboticist, I support this too.

I found myself with an abundance of materials one day when my friend uriel played quartermaster, and mining actually rejected my offer to build them a RIPLEY because they said there's little point, and the drills are more useful, which arent' something i can build or enhance afaik

This is a reduction of inter-departmental cooperation, it deprived me of an opportunity to help the station. I'm pretty sure that goes against skull's often-stated design ethos of encouraging intercoooperation between departments.

As someone who hates miner, but often plays roboticist, I support this too.

I found myself with an abundance of materials one day when my friend uriel played quartermaster, and mining actually rejected my offer to build them a RIPLEY because they said there's little point, and the drills are more useful, which arent' something i can build or enhance afaik

This is a reduction of inter-departmental cooperation, it deprived me of an opportunity to help the station. I'm pretty sure that goes against skull's often-stated design ethos of encouraging intercoooperation between departments.

Drills can be enhanced by cells at the very least. Not sure if they can take bins/capacitors/manipulators like other machines. Hyper-cells make using the drills a lot less frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

hey nerds

just screwdriver and crowbar the drills and you'll know their parts

they're just an actually useful machine construction when it comes down to it and are upgradeable to G O D T I E R

throwing supplies to science lets them build cool neat junk and give some other cool neat junk to miners

"pretty good interdependence if you ask me" - lawgiver, 2458