Staff Complaint- Alberyk

BYOND Key: Printer16

Staff BYOND Key: Alberyk

Reason for complaint: Enforcing unwritten rules.

Evidence/logs/etc:

Warnings received

ADMIN TIME ISSUED REASON

alberyk 2016-03-13 22:35:06 For calling a vote before two hours.

Additional remarks: Not a rule written here: http://aurorastation.org/rules.html. How was I supposed to know? I was clueless to be honest. I think a simple warning, and if it is a rule, an addition to the rules should be in place.

EDIT: And my warning removed.

Not everything we enforce is written explicitly on the rules mate, they would have to pages and pages long if we did. It has been the case for as long as I have been on staff you need to wait unti two hours have passed before calling a vote. That said we usually just say "yo don't do that". Since you received a warning i can only assume you where talked to about this once before?

Nope, and how is it fair that I receive a warning over something that isn't written here. It clearly states "Please read all of these rules before joining the server." which I did. It doesn't say "Remember all unwritten rules." So I'd like my warning to be expunged.

And his reasoning for warning me was I should know the rule as I've played a while. Well guess what, I haven't connected in over a year. So there's that. I re-read the rules and join, not try to recall all unwritten rules.

I left the warning, so, you would be aware of such, but, when I was speaking to you, you came with remarks like; no it was been a day and 51 hours, since, you didn't want to take the pms in a serious manner, I left the warning so you could read it and be aware of so.

I left the warning, so, you would be aware of such, but, when I was speaking to you, you came with remarks like; no it was been a day and 51 hours, since, you didn't want to take the pms in a serious manner, I left the warning so you could read it and be aware of so.

I was unaware of how the timer worked, as I said. I haven't joined in over a year. You could have explained to me how it worked.

I was unaware of how the timer worked, as I said. I haven't joined in over a year. You could have explained to me how it worked.

The pm I sent to you;

to Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): Hello, you have been here long enough to be aware that you should only call votes at two hours mark, no?

Which I did ask if you have been here long enough to be aware of such and then;

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): 1:51 hours yeah?

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): 1 day and 51 hours?

to Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): Only after two hours.

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): ITs been 1 day

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): 1:51 is 1 day 51 hours

That was the reason I warned you, because, by those replies, I did not believe you were going to take me in a serious manner.

The pm I sent to you;

to Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): Hello, you have been here long enough to be aware that you should only call votes at two hours mark, no?

Which I did ask if you have been here long enough to be aware of such and then;

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): 1:51 hours yeah?

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): 1 day and 51 hours?

to Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): Only after two hours.

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): ITs been 1 day

[Player PM] Printer16/(mouse (399))(?): 1:51 is 1 day 51 hours

That was the reason I warned you, because, by those replies, I did not believe you were going to take me in a serious manner.

I was, once again, unaware. It's hard to play the game and talk in a serious manner. You should surely know that, though I tried my hardest. Your reply of Only after Two hours provided no insight to how the timer worked, though I do know now after this encounter. What I'm looking for is a simple warning removal, and perhaps the rules list amended. Also, if I wasn't enduring chat spam, as I was when replying, my replies would have been more thought out and serious instead of the bland ones you see here.