[Accepted] - Alberyk's vaurca application

BYOND Key: Alberyk

Character Names: Aaron Hawkins, Luctus, Sslazhir Yinzr, Raniyah Al-Hamddani/Mrravahrhe Al'Nazkhan, Amessha Ghassawy, Zairjah, Hasan Al-Mushin, Sayyidah Al-Kateb, Tarasque of Uueoa-Esa, Hadassah and Ajradah Al-Yahwa.

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): RGB 71, 71, 21

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well-articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

The vaurca are really unique and developed species, both lore-wise and in the field of the mechanics. Due to their very alien nature they do create interesting opportunities and characters with different backgrounds and traits. Also, their history and society is really interesting, from the relation between bound and unbound, to their exodus from their home system.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Vaurca are augmented insect-like species from Sedantis. They are mainly divided in two different castes; the bound, which are lobotomized and programed to obey and work for their hive, and then the unbound, the sentient part of their species, raised in the vaurca virtual reality. They are also heavily augmented, having robotic organs that allow them to access their hivenet language and breathe without issues in the regular atmosphere of the station. Due to being a new species in the human space, after a long journey in their ark-ships,it is expected that one may face discrimination and several barriers, such as the recent demotion of all non-bound vaurca.

Character Name: Ka’Viax’Amak K'lax

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Amak was born under the K'lax hive, selected to be a bound worker since birth. Like all other of his kind, it was lobotomized and had the necessary augmentations installed with the exact purpose of being a repairmen of the travelling ark-ship. Ka’Viax’Amak K'lax served as a repair technician aboard the Hive-ship Kloxa'xia, maintaining the systems, hulls and engine of the ship until it reached the skrellian system of Glorashi.

Later, Ka’Viax’Amak K'lax was send, under the orders of lesser queens of Kloxa'xia, to Tau Ceti with the purpose of serving the Zo’Ra hive. The bound worker was employed by NanoTrasen as a maintenance technician, also by the will of the overlord hive. At the moment, Amak find itself in a strange place, away from the main hive, but still eager to follow the orders, with the characteristic vaurca loyalty, of his new human and vaurca masters.

What do you like about this character?

Amak is a bound drone, of the hive that could be described as the servant of the Zo’Ra, so it is expected of him to follow orders of nearly everyone, which I am sure that could create interesting roleplay, together with the traits of the vaurca species as whole.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I believe that my role playing abilities are not bad, and I do trust myself to create some interesting characters and situations as a roleplayer, and I did improve during all my time playing in the Aurora.

Notes:

It should be noted that currently all K'lax in Tau Ceti are K'lax that originate from the Zo'ra hiveship, as Tau Ceti would not accept Vaurca immigration from extrastellar systems, and the Skrell would not normally permit emigration. Since this information is not on the wiki, however (I still need to hash out some details with the Skrell developer, Loow), I will still accept this application, provided your are mindful of this little tidbit.

Application accepted.