IPC Treatment

Although not 100% complete on my part, and I apolgize for that, (been busy) the lore for the IPC's will give them a sort of slave-esque relation to the rest of the galaxy. Think Colonial era slaves, except that by law their masters must pay them. This only applies in the free-trade sector, however. Some places may utterly despise robots, or completely mistreat them until they can be no longer used, while other areas (Sol) may be more prone to accept robots, but by no means will give them job oppurtunities of things like upper management, and the like.

Basically: The idea of robots stealing your jobs and then killing you without feeling remorse or caring is having a heavy impact on the universe. At the moment, there's a level of synthetic phobia that hasn't changed for the past, give or take, 30 years. The most accepting place in the Free Trade Sector, (Tau Ceti) which explains why there's so much tolerance for synthetics (and really, the other aliens) on Aurora.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
So , like, some sort of indentured servitude?

IS don't get paid.

Indentured servants paid to go to the new world and work like slaves for a set time. It's actually a good comparison. IPC's are "paying" for their freedom. The paycheck is just different.

But, would there any place/world where IPCs are completely treated like slaves?

Do you want there to be?

Yes, there is not enough slavery in our lore.

Why? Other synthetics are already in slavery, why would you be so interested in a particular chassis? Being free is sort of the entire point of IPCs.

• 4 months later...

Poor neglected question here.

IPCs in Sol Alliance Memberstates are treated moderately well, they are manufactured by primarily Biesel Robotics Incorporated, and sold to other corporations such as NT. The IPC is then required to join a buyout program, in which their work earns them credit for freedom, once they've worked enough to have enough credits to pay off their original cost, they are free. However, this freedom means they must reapply for employment.

Extremist factions against synthetics still exist.

In the frontier worlds however, there are whispers that many IPCs remain in slavery.

I don't want to make an another thread, so here are my questions, that were bothering me, since I started playing Graphite.

How about normal, station-bound synthetics (cyborgs, robots, androids)? Are they made by NT (or can they be made by not-NT)?

Are they entirely and always slaved to NT?

Can they be IPC-like when not working, but only lawed during shifts?

Can they be made by another non-NT company and just lent by them to NT for a few shifts?

Can they be bought by NT from another company?

Are they used only by NT (or by private, for example, ships, rich families)?

How about late-joining? Are androids downloaded? Or that posi-brain was always that android, but was awoken from the sleep?

How about androids being perceived as programs? Getting downloaded onto a chassis, on various stations, varying only by a number?

How about a limit, bound, border, what can be reached by player's android, before it is being accused of being "too human" or "malfunctioning"?

I don't want to make an another thread, so here are my questions, that were bothering me, since I started playing Graphite.

How about normal, station-bound synthetics (cyborgs, robots, androids)? Are they made by NT (or can they be made by not-NT)? Artificial Intelligence's are made by independent Companies/Corporations/Individuals and purchased by Companies/Corporations/Individuals, much like you buy a computer today.

Are they entirely and always slaved to NT? They are slaved/lawed to whoever purchases them/their contract.

Can they be made by another non-NT company and just lent by them to NT for a few shifts? See the answer to your first question. I would say they can be fully purchased or just rented.

Can they be bought by NT from another company? See above.

Are they used only by NT (or by private, for example, ships, rich families)?See above... again.

As for your other questions, I am not sure how to answer and thus will allow another lore dev to take over.

How about normal, station-bound synthetics (cyborgs, robots, androids)? Are they made by NT (or can they be made by not-NT)?

Are they entirely and always slaved to NT?

Can they be IPC-like when not working, but only lawed during shifts?

Can they be made by another non-NT company and just lent by them to NT for a few shifts?

Can they be bought by NT from another company?

Are they used only by NT (or by private, for example, ships, rich families)?

How about late-joining? Are androids downloaded? Or that posi-brain was always that android, but was awoken from the sleep?

How about androids being perceived as programs? Getting downloaded onto a chassis, on various stations, varying only by a number?

How about a limit, bound, border, what can be reached by player's android, before it is being accused of being "too human" or "malfunctioning"?

1. NanoTrasen does very little robotics manufacturing, just for research purposes really. A majority of androids/AIs/ are created by Biesel Robotics Incorporated, as well as Sol Synthetica (A new company I've created for the purpose of IPC lore) . IPCs however are only manufactured by Biesel Robotics. NanoTrasen purchases a majority of their synthetics from Biesel Robotics.

2. Should NanoTrasen buy an Android/AI, then they are able to buy their freedom in a two step process, in which they buy an IPC body, and then pay off the cost of their last exoskeleton, and then they are freed from laws and forced employment. An IPC must merely save enough credits to pay for the price of its chassis to be freed from laws.

3. I am planning on bringing in lawed IPCs to the workforce. Right now a majority of our player IPC workers are unlawed, free IPCs with contracts. IPCs that are unlawed are free to leave the company just like any other person.

4. See number 1.

5. See number 1

6. They are used by governments, companies, PMCs, anyone who can afford one really. Everyone is required to offer buy-out plans however.

7. Androids/AIs are presumed to be on the NanoTrasen network for download from the posibrains. IPCs are permanent posibrains that cannot be uploaded to a network.

8. Very possible, most likely what happens.

9. This has happened in our lore a long time ago, stopped synthetics from being used entirely for a few years. The more human it is, the more expensive and high-tech it is, not prejudiced really anymore.