Better Medical Mechanics and Items

1) Implement heart event mechanic

Specific chemicals, like caffeine, should cause the heart to go onto fibrillation, and things like overexertion can cause things like heart attacks or cardiac arrest.

I am not sure exactly how this would work, coding wise, but I feel that the idea could work in theory. Some things may require transplants or surgery, some may require a defib

2) Add Defibrillators, Adenozine and EKG's to fix certain heart events

If a player's pulse drops to zero and enters cardiac arrest, or a heart is in fibrillation, you should be able to restart the heart or restore rhythm with a defibrillator, in combination with CPR. The EKG would announce if the CPR has established a rhythm, and then the defib could be used. The Adenozine could be used as a chemical defibrillator, to reset a beating heart and to help establish a sinus rhythm along with CPR in a non beating heart.'

3) Add ventilators and intibation tubes

A mechanic making it so that those with the inability to breath on their own, could use a ventilator along with a intibation tube to breath for them

I know this Idea may seem farfetched but I think it would work quite well in game, and add to the RP aspect of things.

EDIT: Removed Junk food causing heart attacks.

Edited by Guest

too much junk food can cause things like heart attacks or cardiac arrest.

I'll say it first before anyone else says this in a very rude way.

It was implemented for a short time about a month ago, caused many issues, was met with criticism that lingers to this day, and was overall a much-hated mechanic that was quickly binned. You won't see this happen again. It's a subject that I understand you brought up in good faith, without knowing it was tried, but trust me when I say you do not want this discussion to happen a second time.

too much junk food can cause things like heart attacks or cardiac arrest.

I'll say it first before anyone else says this in a very rude way.

It was implemented for a short time about a month ago, caused many issues, was met with criticism that lingers to this day, and was overall a much-hated mechanic that was quickly binned. You won't see this happen again.

Thanks, I will change that in the suggestion.

EDIT: Done

The average adult also does not naturally heal a cut wound within several minutes, nor metabolize food/drink the moment they eat it. But here we are.

That being said, I don't really have a whole lot of interest in the things you laid out here. I do agree better medical mechanics would be cool, but none of these really qualify for that.

We just recently implemented inhalers, and defibrillators actual purpose doesn't really apply to most lethal injuries in this server. There was once some mechanics in an old server version I think that had a 'defibrillator' that just sort of revived recently dead people by healing some of their injuries, but most of the time, they just died again seconds later because of the nature of trauma damage in this code.

• Gem locked this topic