Rebalance Cargo Bounties

The cargo bounties are so preposterously valuable for such trivially stupid things that we have situations where a cargo techie has more money than is collectively in all station department accounts.

Reduce it way the fuck down (like to maybe 1/10th what it is now), no one pays 8000 fucking credits for a god damn hot dog. I know we don't have an economy but miners have to earn 1000 points just to get 100 credits from tradein. Merchants don't make this much money, and they basically set the groundline on an economy as it is. It's unbalancing things enormously, we had a cargo member offhandedly pay off a 20000 credit ransom because he claimed the bounty on a hot dog and a bottle of thermite. These are civilian characters, they should not be this rich.

e2148d1e3501e0a78a09db3756bf1cec.png

e737406ef205ba7fbc8a5583d0488e71.png

Edit: Apparently this is [mention]Arrow768[/mention]'s thing so I'll ping him.

+1

I started to think there might be a problem when I answered a bounty of 3000 credits for 3 plates of carrot fries

But an 8000 credit hot dog really takes the show

Either make the bounty values much lower (1/10th is a good estimate) or make the bounty items more rare

The bounties themselves are good; asking the crew to make things for them is fantastic, so I disagree with the idea that they should be more rare. But yes, the values should be reworked. Going on the idea that 3cr = $1, that price for a hotdog is absurd. A stack of phoron sheets is worth 5000cr. +1 to tweaking them.

• 4 years later...
  • Gem locked this topic