[Accepted] Lent23's Command Whitelist Application

BYOND key: Lent23
Character names: Sophia Cynthai

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: About a year, now, I believe? I started playing on Aurora in early 2018.
Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: Sophia, a longtime Quartermaster, has aspirations to move up in Nanotrasen, and is seeking to be employed as a Head of Personnel.
Why did you come to Aurora?: I used to play a lot on Baystation, and a lot of players seem to have migrated over to Aurora from Baystation, due to the heavier roleplay priority that Aurora has.
Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes.
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?: I fell asleep while playing recently and got a warning to not AFK as any limited roles. I was playing a Detective at the time. I make sure to play a visitor / not to play if I'm too tired, now. The exact warning is as follows:

Warning issued by shadow7889 1 week ago

Inactive for at least 30 minutes as a detective. Please try to limit your inactivity to less than 10. If you feel that you'll be afk longer, please cyro or ahelp staff.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay, for me, is a chance to act out a life that you yourself cannot live. It's an opportunity to write a story with other people. I've tried my hand in writing, and I simply think it's much more fun to write a developing story alongside other people, with their individual character that they all put deep thought into. Mostly, though, it's about just.. having fun. People come to Aurora after whatever their day was like, just looking to have fun and play a game. I want to be the opportunity to push forward the roleplay of the people that care.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: I have always understood Heads of Staff to be a guideline for their staff to follow. Especially with servers like Aurora that put heads of staff behind whitelist walls, Heads of Staff are chosen to be spotlights - examples for other players to follow. For example, if a security cadet was a newer player OOC, they could always look towards their Head of Security with admiration, someone that they could become one day. A goal.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Like I kinda stated above, the Heads of Staff are, OOCly an example. They are a goal for other players to work towards, something that other players in their staff can look to for help.

I love to help newer players. As a Quartermaster, I'm constantly trying to show around assistants/newer Cargo Techs, encouraging working together, delegating duties. My goal is to be a Head of Personnel, and that is one role that can really shine with regards to working together. The Head of Personnel has such a wide variety of civilian departments under their belt, and they are typically respected in other departments as someone that has a say over their pay, ID accesses, and as someone who is typically next-in-line, and first to take command in absence of the Captain. These are all things that I would be able to use to facilitate some thoughtful roleplay between the others on the shift.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career? Tau Ceti is flawed. It's new. It's a Frontier. It's moldable, something that people will be able t work with. There are people from all walks of life here. Look at all the races, factionstechnology. Someone needs to hold the Aurora together. People need direction in times of crisis. People are able to handle their jobs on the day-to-day, but who's going to make sure everybody is okay? Sophia has worked Cargo for some time, and she knows leadership. The rim needs order, and Sophia is going to be here to help it maintain that order.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?: Pretty much just Head of Personnel, although I might bring back my old Head of Security character concept in the future.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking: Sophia Cynthai, Quartermaster, is looking to send Nanotrasen inhouse applications to become a Head of Personnel on staff. She has worked for Nanotrasen for about sixteen years now, working under various job titles, and she thinks it's about time to move up. The other job concept that I had was Gabriel Freeman, an old Head of Security that I had on Baystation. I'm not even 100% certain that I want to play him, so I'm just sticking to Head of Personnel for a while.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I've been roleplaying for a few years now, so I'm pretty comfortable with it, and I take a lot of thought and care into it. I think there are certainly better roleplayers than me - especially on Aurora! - but I can definitely hold my own with regards to storytelling.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?: Yes.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?: Yes. Information is aplenty on the wiki.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...