Add the ability to grab a hanging victim's legs and support their weight

Self explanitory, not everyone carries wirecutters on them to cut down nooses and brain damage has a nasty habit of racking up quickly while you're untying. It'd also be a neato addition just for the RP. 

Alternatively I'd love if we could add the ability to cut people down onto most bladed objects.

Edited by UncleJo

Personally against this. If anyone is hanging themselves it's either because they're roleplaying wanting to die or because they're trying to get attention by hanging themselves.  In either situation I do not feel motivated to save them.  I don't think we need to add in extra mechanics to make it even harder to die via noose if anyone is nearby.

55 minutes ago, Kaed said:

Personally against this. If anyone is hanging themselves it's either because they're roleplaying wanting to die or because they're trying to get attention by hanging themselves.  In either situation I do not feel motivated to save them.  I don't think we need to add in extra mechanics to make it even harder to die via noose if anyone is nearby.

I agree, but that's a meta issue. If we dramatically lower the radius of the snap and swinging sounds it would prevent everyone in a mile radius from jumping into action. Unfortunately it's a bit harder to stop people from taking a load off just for the free sympathy points.

I had it more in mind that this would buy people time while they're being executed by an antag via hanging. Temporary pause to the oxyloss while they're pulled down so they don't die midway.

45 minutes ago, UncleJo said:

I agree, but that's a meta issue. If we dramatically lower the radius of the snap and swinging sounds it would prevent everyone in a mile radius from jumping into action. Unfortunately it's a bit harder to stop people from taking a load off just for the free sympathy points.

I had it more in mind that this would buy people time while they're being executed by an antag via hanging. Temporary pause to the oxyloss while they're pulled down so they don't die midway.

Can you support someone's body while at the same time trying to saw through a wire noose they're dangling from?  I don't think we're large enough or have enough arms to do that, chum.  And if someone is being executed by hanging, it seems like a fairly small chance someone is going to show up in the 20 seconds or so that being able to prop them up is going to matter.  Also, again, you're kind of removing the bite of hanging by a noose if anyone can walk up and negate it instantly.

4 hours ago, Kaed said:

If anyone is hanging themselves it's either because they're roleplaying wanting to die or because they're trying to get attention by hanging themselves.  In either situation I do not feel motivated to save them. 

O_O

4 hours ago, UncleJo said:

ADD THE ABILITY TO GRAB A HANGING VICTIM'S LEGS AND SUPPORT THEIR WEIGHT

I have two objections to this

1. It would cut down on the amount of people who try to disarm someone choking to death. Its absolutely hilarious and it always makes me laugh.

2 Much more importantly is that when someone goes to hang themselves IC.... Well thats it. Its supposed to be the end of that arc and getting saved is kinda like "oh well..... now what do i do?". It would just mean more people throw themselves down disposals or something if it becomes easier to stop. 

-1 from me. I’ve been hanged by an antag and those short moments your conscious are great if people are around to see it and can save you. Seeing everyone just assault the antag to shove them back whilst people get you down is tense as hell. I’ve never seen security push back a wizard so well in all my days. You get hanged you need to get destroyed. Antags already have it hard and having instant nullifying moves just out balances it. Leave as is I say. 

Edited by Hendricks
  • Gem locked this topic