Let's change the meeting room?

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Pictures are better than words - this is my proposal to the changes in the bridge. Nothing is removed except a single lamp and the two vending machines. Items are reorganized to look less cluttered, we have an open table area.

w61Gsq.png

The meeting room isn't a claustrophobic mess. All the folders can still remain, but are put into the filing cabinet. The timer and ESPOS stuff are gone, because they are literally never used.

lwzzny.png

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

The table would need to be expanded, since there are six heads of staff, maybe have seven or eight chairs tbh, since Duty Officers are a thing, I imagine meetings will happen more often, meaning Heads + Guests will need seating.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
The table would need to be expanded, since there are six heads of staff, maybe have seven or eight chairs tbh, since Duty Officers are a thing, I imagine meetings will happen more often, meaning Heads + Guests will need seating.

Then we'd need to remove the walls and 'open up' the helm.

I like the idea of the meeting room being separate from the main bridge. They're two rooms that serve clearly different functions, and having a conference room be in the exact same place as the heart and core of the station feels a bit weird.

Yes, the current meeting room is too small, but rearranging it is not an easy fix.

I believe the Hypatia station's vacant office area is actually an area to put heads of staff in to sleep.

However, given that one, we're not Hypatia, and two, the vacant office itself is almost never used and any other room can be transformed into something else, I suggest we move the Heads of Staff meeting room over there. It can be a rather large-ish room with a massive table with some other open seats so that non-Head personnel can testify for station-wide issues or changes or whatever.

I believe the Hypatia station's vacant office area is actually an area to put heads of staff in to sleep.

However, given that one, we're not Hypatia, and two, the vacant office itself is almost never used and any other room can be transformed into something else, I suggest we move the Heads of Staff meeting room over there. It can be a rather large-ish room with a massive table with some other open seats so that non-Head personnel can testify for station-wide issues or changes or whatever.

The vacant office is fun, though. It's a semi-abandoned place, which isn't the construction area, and is great for organizing shenanigans, from kill rooms to resistance headquarters or black markets.

Seeing it go would be a shame.

Probably, but any other area on the station that is close enough to the bridge is far too invaluable in terms of functionality to be replaced.

Save for maybe moving the AI core to the telecomms satellite, I don't see any solutions for this issue.

Probably, but any other area on the station that is close enough to the bridge is far too invaluable in terms of functionality to be replaced.

Save for maybe moving the AI core to the telecomms satellite, I don't see any solutions for this issue.

There is that little maint closet in the top left of the bridge that is absolutely useless besides holding the APC, we could gut it, make it into a meeting room, and leave the APC in there?

There is that little maint closet in the top left of the bridge that is absolutely useless besides holding the APC, we could gut it, make it into a meeting room, and leave the APC in there?

Little do people know that's actually a fire closet.

I don't have any pictures or current ability to edit rooms, but perhaps swapping the current captain's office and meeting room? I mean, for a station that captains are only on for shifts and the entire crew changes out routinely, why does the captain need a dedicated bedroom and office? With minimal reworking I'd imagine we could have the full functionality of the captain's office directly below the captain's chair, expand the current office and captains bedroom into a larger meeting room for heads of staff+ guests.

and if thats still not big enough, then a more radical approach is to change the mirrored nature of the bridge, changing the right side hallway next to the current captains office into part of the meeting room

Guest Marlon Phoenix
I don't have any pictures or current ability to edit rooms, but perhaps swapping the current captain's office and meeting room? I mean, for a station that captains are only on for shifts and the entire crew changes out routinely, why does the captain need a dedicated bedroom and office? With minimal reworking I'd imagine we could have the full functionality of the captain's office directly below the captain's chair, expand the current office and captains bedroom into a larger meeting room for heads of staff+ guests.

and if thats still not big enough, then a more radical approach is to change the mirrored nature of the bridge, changing the right side hallway next to the current captains office into part of the meeting room

I don't think captain players would care if their bedroom shrunk in size. I'd support putting it in where the conference room is now, and making it accessible only from the helm. The captain's 'office' could be the new meeting room, with the 'quarters' above being an "Captain's Office" room? It would really only need the computers and safe - the fax machine can go in the conference room since any Head could have reason to contact CC without having to break in and steal the spare when there's no cap on shift.