[Accepted] Itzal's Mod Application - Old gang assemble

Basic Information
Byond Account: Itzal / SenpaiShadow_(old)
Character Name(s): The ones I have played recently: Samuel Hatherway, Aedina Victricius, Jason Stamos and Kaylie LaCroix
AI Name(s): Murphy
Discord username + tag: Itzal#0001
When are you on Aurora?: During the week 5-11pm. During the weekend anywhere from 8 am to 4 am (next day).
Experience
How long have you played SS13?:

Started in 2013.

How long have you played on Aurora:

Played from 2015 to 2017, occasionally I showed up in 2018. Started playing again in mid 2019.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

Anything up to early 2018 except atmos I can do. I am in the final stages of learning the last few new mechanics.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

Yes, although I am unsure about the exact dates anymore. If required I'll do some digging and give you the exact dates.

Started on Aurora during summer 2015 as Trial mod. Was made an admin in early-mid 2016 and shortly afterwards (I think it was a few months) I was promoted to headmin together with Garn. I stayed Headmin for a year and then I resigned.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?:

Yes

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

No

Personality
Why do you play SS13?:

Because I am a huge fan of RP, space settings and in depth mechanics and SS13 combines all of those.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

I intially joined on accident but it was the greatest mistake I ever made, the people made me feel welcome on the server and helped me a lot, I was barely able to speak english so one guy even offered to teach me. Whenever I had a problem people listened and offered advice. It quickly grew to be one of my favorite places to be online.

During the last week I have seen that this is still the case, the people are welcoming everyone to the community like they have known you for ages, … which is true in some cases. For me at least.

What do moderators do?:

As Headmin I expected mods to moderate, as simple as it sounds. They ensure that the rules are not broken as well as actively help the players, be it questions about the rules, mechanics or something else. Additionally they moderate the forums and the discord server, ensuring everyone's sticking to the rules. They are also assisting Administrators whenever needed, be it by handling complaints or interviewing people.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

Essentially the same as written above. Moderators ensure that the round is enjoyable for everything by making sure nobody breaks the rules while at the same time helping players whenever they need it.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

Because this place still means a lot to me and I want to make sure Aurora keeps sailing as smoothly as it does now. I joined this team all those years ago to try to make aurora a better place and I truly believe that we, as a team, managed to do so, but there is always room for more and it is my wish to help again so that we can ensure the best possible quality for players.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

I am patient, polite and don't hold others to standards I can't keep myself. I am able to do my duties as staff even while under stress, I'd even go so far and say that I reach my full potential while I am under stress.

I am resistant to insults, people have tried very often to get me angry but so far nothing worked, I can stay calm whenever needed.

I know my bounds so whenever I get too emotional, mainly angry, I am able to step back and stand down and not lash out.

Due to me handling a lot of complaints in the past I think I am understanding. Its easy for me spot if someone accidentally broke the rules or if they did so while being fully aware of them.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

Please see the answer above.

Anything Else You Want to Add: (Do not put words here)
I apologize for all words that are capitalized or spelled in german. For some reason the german autocorrect kicked in and I was unable to turn it off.

Also since this question will come up, I have resigned because I couldn't handle my changing job situation, social life and Aurora at the same time. Due to both issues being resolved I am ready to commit my body and soul again.

Itzy was very passionate for the server back when he was staffed as a headmin. It was honestly a pleasure working together with him and I was disappointed to see him have to drop out. I personally had a lot of respect for his mentality towards staff involvement on the server and his directional goals for the server as a whole. If he says he's ready to come back and put his full back into it again, I think he would be an invaluable return. 

Itzal, the guy.

Back when I used to be a mod, he was one of the people I looked up to along with Serv. He was around when you needed him. A levelheaded guy, that knew how to crack his jokes and when to crack them. 

As an admin, you could expect him to do his job. If he saw someone breaking rules, he knew how to approach it properly. No hostilities unless the situation escalated in the worst way, which barely happened with him around. He's not a biased guy, so you can count on him to take everything on the same grey floor.

He will make a fine addition to the team, no doubt about it. Welcome him back already!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little hard to put into words how much respect I have for Shadow. He was made headmin shortly after I finished my mod trial over three-four years ago now, and as much as I love Abo, Shame and etc. the time that Shadow was headmin with Garn was absolutely, inarguably the most pure, fun, efficienct and genuine time playing on aurora. This period was just, inexplicably enjoyable to be a member of the community, playerbase and staff. The dude is as genuine as they get and obviously knows his stuff. I got no doubt he'll get a trial and ace the fuck out of it. 

Edited by SirCatnip

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:12

Alright!

Are you ready for the interview, then?

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:13

Yes, but I'd like to apologize in advance in case any words suddenly appear in German, I am on my phone atm

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:13

Phone is ew.

Okay. Since you've been staff, we'll mostly skip the scenario questions, as your ability to admin is already proven.

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:17

Mkay

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:18

We've had chances of policy, and some approaches on stuff since you left, so we expect you to make an extra bit of effort to change any residual knowledge that may remain, during your trial.

If you are given one after this interview.

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:18

That will be no issue

If the changes are recorded somewhere

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:19

Okay, perfect. Some of them are, some of them aren't, and you'll just have to grasp them by yourself or by asking people.(edited)

Anyway. Onto the questions!

One of the biggest concerns with your application is your activity, or more specifically, your activity in the coming weeks. You came back to the server in full force after a long hiatus. There were some concerns in staff chat that it might be due to summer, and that your activity will die again once it ends. Is there any truth to these claims? Do you feel like your activity is sufficient now, and will continue to be?

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:21

I made the decision well before summer but was hesitant to apply because I wanted to be more active in the community again before doing so.
I do not have summer holidays or such so my activity will be consistent even after summer.(edited)

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:22

Okay. If it's not indiscreet, what was the main factor influencing the activity level back then?

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:25

The reason I left was because my life was changing too quickly and I couldn't cope with it so I decided to cut ties and soley focus on these issues. I was moving and transitioned from being in school to actually working and being independent, as well as some other minor factors.
These issues have all been dealt with so I decided to come back.

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:29

Right.

Do you foresee any challenges in (possibly) coming on as a trial moderator, and then moderator given your past position?

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:31

I have respected the chain of command at all times back then and I see no issue doing so now. I can't think of any challenge except me trying and failing at using commands that I'd no longer have avaliable

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:32

Okay.

Have you noticed any significant changes in the way staff is run or operates since your time on the team? Do you feel like any changes are for the better or worse?

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:35

The ticket system was new to me but it was a change for the better. Due to me holding the retmin position I did not intensely watch staff yet but from what I have seen and gathered not much changed. Although I think I could answer this question more adequately in the future.

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:37

Alright, coolio.

I, don't think I have many more questions for you.

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:38

A shame, I was enjoying this

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:38

Short but sweet.

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:38

I suppose that's true, yes

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:39

Hmm. Yeah. We are currently suffering from a low activity epidemic in our mod team, so we are looking for people who can actually hold a decent level of activity.

I hope you can do that, if given the position.

Given that everything's stable and stuff, as you've said.

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:40

I have to pat myself on the back real quick because last time I was a mod Scopes threatened to sleep ban me because I was on for 18 hours

I am certain I can provide this, especially during the weekends

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:41

Alright, perfect, then.

Do you have any questions or concerns before we wrap this up?

ItzalLast Thursday at 22:42

None, and for the sake of having it:
I have no issues with the interview being posted publicly

JuaniLast Thursday at 22:42

That was the next question.

Thanks a bunch for your time.

Since my interview wasn't posted here yet I decided to do that.

Hope thats ok.

• 5 weeks later...