[ACCEPTED]Pyradapyro's Vaurca white-list application

BYOND Key: pyradapyro

Character Names: Bree nightgale and Victoria Locaste

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: either a light pink or a dark grey

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Honestly, playing as an ant person just sounded fun, the Vaurca are an interesting species in my opinion and i don't see enough of them around the server. I don't think I start any trends of making Vaurca's but it would be nice to atleast have one walking around the station semi-regularly 

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: For one Vaurca are part of a hivemind, with different types of Vaurca depending on the purpose they were bred for, the two most common being workers and warriors. Any type of Vaurca can survive in environments humans would normally need an EVA suit for thanks to their thick insect like hides, they still need standard internals but they don't need a full suit. Many Vaurca are what are considered bound, basically drones who can't do much thinking for themselves unless it comes down to personal survival, which means they usually aren't suited for command roles like HOP for example but little things like security cadets or lab assistants are a typical role for a Vaurca to be placed in. An unbound Vaurca can be a little more freethinking however they require peer-review to be in any role other then civillian level jobs, they also aren't suited for command roles 

Character Name: Ka'Akaix'Zel C'thur

Please provide a short backstory for this character Ka'Akaix'Zel grew up learning circuits and engineering in order to help the hive, she was happy living with her cell and building and fixing things for the C'thur hive, however she still wanted a little more individuality. Eventually she got a job working for Nano-trasen on their aurora space station as an apprentice engineer, she works hard and enjoys the freedom being away from her hive grants her, she still feels obligated to help the hive so she sends what money she can spare back to her cell.

What do you like about this character? again, ant people just sound interesting, i've played nothing but humans so far on aurora and the vaurca seemed like as good a species as any to start with. also an ant person running around dark maintenance tunnels fixing things and avoiding light sounds fun.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 7/10 i suppose

Notes:

10 hours ago, Butterrobber202 said:

Decent App! But prepare to be bombarded with Questions!

what brood Zel from?

What makes a Vaurca want individuality? They are a very collective and tight knit people.

What is Zel’s opinion or thoughts on the current state of the C’thur hive? 

Zel is from Mouv's brood

After doing a little more research, I cant seem to find an answer, I can make some changes to zel's backstory if its needed

While the C'thur hive is a smaller hive compared to the stronger and more common hives, Zel still thinks the C'thur hive is doing well and feels like their alliance with the skrell is working out well. Zel also admires the diplomatic maneuvering from C'thur that got them to where they are today 

There are some issues with the application that should be addressed, as well as some feedback concerning your roleplay in round. I have no issue giving new players whitelists, but I prefer that they get some feedback. I suggest advertising in round via OOC.

Next , the color of your character is important as it identifies brood and hive respectively.  Could you re-examine the wiki and tell me which color your Vaurca should be?

Next, what do you think your character did in VR? You mentioned that they were an engineer. Think of some experience that makes your character stand out. Since you could have trained in VR or on a skrell colony, elaborate on that. 

Lastly, how does your character feel about the Jargon Federation? Do you think that leaving this skrell-ran federation could be a way to express your characters desire for individuality? 

On 23/07/2019 at 14:50, Bygonehero said:

There are some issues with the application that should be addressed, as well as some feedback concerning your roleplay in round. I have no issue giving new players whitelists, but I prefer that they get some feedback. I suggest advertising in round via OOC.

Next , the color of your character is important as it identifies brood and hive respectively.  Could you re-examine the wiki and tell me which color your Vaurca should be?

Next, what do you think your character did in VR? You mentioned that they were an engineer. Think of some experience that makes your character stand out. Since you could have trained in VR or on a skrell colony, elaborate on that. 

Lastly, how does your character feel about the Jargon Federation? Do you think that leaving this skrell-ran federation could be a way to express your characters desire for individuality? 

I have asked for feedback, and linked my forum post

The wiki states Mouv's brood are typically lightly colored, it doesn't go into specific color pallets so im assuming my original choice of a light pink is fine, something around #fdbefa, nothing too eye bleeding but certainly not something you can blend into the shadows with

Zel probably did most of her training in VR, of course having real experience is always necessary so after learning the basics she asked to be brought to a skrell colony to see how her VR training held up in the real world, considering the Vaurca's VR technology it help up rather well, like most Vaurca Zel liked to spend her free time in VR, usually building small catapults and just seeing what she can launch, without any property damage of course, probably not too big of an issue inside a VR world but its still wise not to be a dick

Zel thinks the Jargon Federation is a good ally for the C'thur to have, and is glad her hive has such a great ally, the Skrells are a rather pleasant race to be around but, she couldnt help but feel like just another bug to the skrells she worked with, she joined the Aurora's crew in the hopes that some fresh faces might see her as more then just another member of her hive

24 minutes ago, JamOfBoy said:

This is wrong. At the top of every brood page it lists RGB values for unbound, bound workers and bound warriors.

My mistake, I didn't realize each brood had their own wiki page, for unbound in mouv's brood the RGB is 150, 180, 255

3 hours ago, ParadoxSpace said:

How does she feel about other races, particularly Skrell?

Zel thinks humans are unjustly biased towards many races but usually gives most humans the benefit of the doubt, she won't be outright mean but shes not going to go out of her way to be nice either. As for the skrell, she is used to being around them and is normally pretty friendly with them unless she has some reason to haye a specific skrell, but overall shes pretty friendly towards them, they have been treating her hive well after all.

She doesnt know a whole lot about other races so it comes down to the individual

• Bygonehero changed the title to [ACCEPTED]Pyradapyro's Vaurca white-list application
  • Bygonehero locked this topic