[Accepted] MattAtlas - Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account:

- MattAtlas.

Character Name(s):

- Emily Cress, Luo Jingyi, Kyong Su-Yeongseon.

AI Name(s):

- I don't play AI.

Discord username + tag:

- mattatlas#0999

Timezone:

- GMT+2

When are you on Aurora?:

- Basically everyday for at least four hours.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:

- Three years, going up on four.

How long have you played on Aurora:

- Three years.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

- I'd say I know just about everything except integrated circuits.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

- I was a secondary admin here and a moderator on CM.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?:

- Yes, I do believe I mark off all the criteria.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

- I haven't been banned.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

- It's pretty much one of the only roleplay avenues I know of - the general setting is one of my favourites and the mix of roleplay and mechanics is very good. It also has that element of chaos you can't find anywhere else.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

- It's the best HRP server there is by far and large. Even though I burn out, I keep coming back to it. It also has one of the few good communities in this game, and I'd say it's probably the one I like the most. Sure, there are a few bad apples, but that's true for any community, and what matters is that here it's mostly good apples.

What do moderators do?:

- Handle tickets on-server, discord moderation, forum moderation and player complaints. Handling tickets also means answering mundane questions, and not just "help I got ganked".

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

- Even though you're only a moderator you still represent the server. You're the biggest administrative body and are expected to handle on-server issues. You enforce rules on the server, mentor new players if necessary, answer gameplay questions, handle complaints, moderate the discord and forums and keep the server's atmosphere intact.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

- This is kind of a hard question for me to answer, because it's always been natural to me. However, if I had to pin it down, I'd say it's the current lack of lowpop moderators being infuriating. Other than that, I do want to help the server in some way - as it turned out, CCIA wasn't for me.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

- I have previous experience, the ability to know that this is still a game and good judgement. I'm very capable of keeping a cool head in arguments and I can see if I'm wrong. I don't like dancing around the point with useless fluff. so my responses are usually short and concise, which I'd consider a good quality.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

- I don't think I care much about any of those. I'm perfectly capable of just handing the ticket to someone else if I get too involved with it, even with how improbable that is.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

- I'm just going to get this out of the way since I know it's gonna be asked. I quit CCIA because it was not to my liking. I didn't like being CCIA and it felt like a chore, otherwise I would've stayed. Being a moderator is something I'm much more familiar with and something I'd stick with.

Matt is a diligent wiki maintainer with a lot of interest for the game, and a good person in general. He seems to have recovered from his burnout and on a spree to be an excellent contributor to our society little community here. Nothing but mad respect for the guy. If being a mod is really what you want to do, I publicly wish you best of luck, pal. Avoid miscalculations.

• Yonnimer changed the title to [On-Trial] MattAtlas - Server Moderator Application
  • 1 month later...