A.I. Malfunction - Tools for Roleplay, not Murderbone

Jupiter Storm

20 hours ago, Nikov said:

I would suggest adding a 'grounding wire' to APC frames. If the grounding wire is cut, the APC can be made to explode. Cyborgs should be able to covertly snip this wire without too much trouble.

It actually already works like this. If you cut the right wire, SMES can explode themselves and APC's. Although it is less controllable than if the AI could do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I support anything that adds more RP tools. As for the explosions, I'd rather they didn't gib/instantly kill and simply would cripple (a couple of broken bones, maybe IB) and deliver a high intensity of HALLOSS. Let them disable, let them take someone out of the fight, but don't make them a 'delete' button.

On 19/09/2019 at 04:34, sonicgotnuked said:

It's coded to be more powerful. But it remains the same capacity because there is a limit. Too late Nikov. five years (or however long this existed) too late!

The AI was never this strong 5 years ago, it wasn't this strong even 3 years ago; both the style of mapping (z-level code sucking you through floors + AI being on another z-level + core is a super-fortress compared to boxstation core/AI satellites of other maps) as well as the greater strength in it's buffed tools (it never had 'gib you' explosions from random APCs) have made it far better than it ever was.

2 hours ago, Carver said:

I support anything that adds more RP tools. As for the explosions, I'd rather they didn't gib/instantly kill and simply would cripple (a couple of broken bones, maybe IB) and deliver a high intensity of HALLOSS. Let them disable, let them take someone out of the fight, but don't make them a 'delete' button.

The AI was never this strong 5 years ago, it wasn't this strong even 3 years ago; both the style of mapping (z-level code sucking you through floors + AI being on another z-level + core is a super-fortress compared to boxstation core/AI satellites of other maps) as well as the greater strength in it's buffed tools (it never had 'gib you' explosions from random APCs) have made it far better than it ever was.

At least when I played 3 years ago, the only reason APCs did not malf explode was from the insane amount of time the research took. It is the same code. But yes, malf gotten better.

Edited by sonicgotnuked
24 minutes ago, sonicgotnuked said:

At least when I played 3 years ago, the only reason APCs did not malf explode was from the insane amount of time the research took. It is the same code. But yes, malf gotten better.

Perhaps said research time ought to be returned, in that case. Either way I would argue 'better' is subjective. Stronger, certainly.

• Gem locked this topic