Let IPC's do Bystander CPR

Nantei

Guest Marlon Phoenix

This seems super weird. I can't wrap my head around an IPC giving CPR. It would definitely be immersion breaking even if there was a valid real world method of giving CPR or whatever. It's just really weird.

55 minutes ago, Marlon Phoenix said:

This seems super weird. I can't wrap my head around an IPC giving CPR. It would definitely be immersion breaking even if there was a valid real world method of giving CPR or whatever. It's just really weird.

Okay but keep in mind, jackboot, that the actual effectively taught variant of CPR IRL has nothing to do with breathing air into people. It's just chest-compressions, which an IPC should be totally capable of doing. I think we should re-flavor what actual CPR is, since it isn't just breathing into people.

1 hour ago, Marlon Phoenix said:

@Brutishcrab51 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c2OfAzDTI

And I guess. It's just weird because compression only CPR is not something I see much.

It may not be something you are culturally used to seeing, but realistically it's the most common form of CPR performed nowadays. Bystander CPR was pushed because it gets people doing CPR, where a lot of people won't do rescue breaths because it's really tasking and you could get sick from effectively smooching a stranger. TL;DR: Chest compression's are the most important part of CPR, and IPC's could easily do it flawlessly if not better than a human.

16 hours ago, Nantei said:

It may not be something you are culturally used to seeing, but realistically it's the most common form of CPR performed nowadays. Bystander CPR was pushed because it gets people doing CPR, where a lot of people won't do rescue breaths because it's really tasking and you could get sick from effectively smooching a stranger. TL;DR: Chest compression's are the most important part of CPR, and IPC's could easily do it flawlessly if not better than a human.

Slightly off topic, but imagine a G2 doing chest compressions.

I feel like someone's liable to die when the heavier chassis get involved.

3 hours ago, Itanimulli said:

Slightly off topic, but imagine a G2 doing chest compressions.

I feel like someone's liable to die when the heavier chassis get involved.

I mean, imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger doing chest compressions. They can control their strength and how much weight they are putting onto the chest, same as anyone else.

To counter the argument of 'x model would apply too much force', if a unit were incapable of controlling it's application of force then it wouldn't be working on the station and is probably damaged to begin with. IPCs had CPR in the past and it didn't really do any harm, no harm in re-adding it in a re-fluffed form.

• Gem locked this topic